• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Grease Guns

Abu

Trekker
Day off! Trying to grease my nipples and i can't get the sodding thing primed:(:eek: Ive got grease everywhere other then the gun mechanism.

Any one have any tips (its a Wesco single handed grease gun) Apparantly easy to opperate:D Its got the syringe then a screw on handle pump thing!!!

:eek::eek:

Basic types work like this:

Unscrew the end, pull back the plunger on the tube (it should lock), get your tub of Castrol LM and press down the tube into the grease to load the tube. Screw the end back on and release the plunger (it should go back in). For the first few applications you might hear a cracking sound as the air release valve lets out air. If you have thos tubes of grease, it's the same principle, but you find the end of the tube has a ring pull. Make sure that's at the open end of the gun tube, slide the tube of grease in, pull off ring pull, screw on end and release the plunger.

Hope this makes sense:rolleyes:

Nige

Cheers buddy! I hink i have it sussed...the air release valve is on dead tight:rolleyes:

Just wished the metal wasnt so soft as to distort when i tried to loosen it:(

Cheers buddy! I hink i have it sussed...the air release valve is on dead tight:rolleyes:

Just wished the metal wasnt so soft as to distort when i tried to loosen it:(

The air release thing is normally a little ball bearing thingy on the top by the hose tube, you shouldn't need to touch that, they're normally automatic

I'm obviously being a numpty then! the bolt pictured soesnt have to be loose then?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 173P2.jpg
    173P2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 41
And its official....im a numpty:D:D:D:D

All working now.....and just enough light to do the dirty nipple greasing business:)

Finished....though my rear prob diff side uj is dead....am taking it to a garage tomoz to replace it....£61:eek::eek:

would put up with it and change it myself when i get home in MK but ive got 800 miles to do in the next 5 days.....don't want it going bang

Back
Top Bottom