• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Handbrake lever grip

Snagger

Posting Guru
I'd like to fit a plastic grip or sleeve to the handbrake lever, similar to those in most cars and RRs, Defenders and so on, to give a better grip and to stop all the paint chipping and rusting from Helena's wedding ring! Does anyone know of a suitable donor that would fit the diameter of the SIII handbrake lever (presumably the same diameter as the SI and SII levers)?

Some "heat shrink" cable insulation perhaps? (try heat shrink tubing search), maybe you could manufacture some sort of finger grip and then heat shrink the tubing onto it??

I have a handle bar grip from a motorcycle, I used one for a BMW, cut a hole in the end for the pushbutton. They come various diameters.

Buy them ? Before i moved into my house the local youthes had been using the bottom of my driveway for some uhh activity!! Don't wanna know what i pulled out of them bushes!

Buy them ? Before i moved into my house the local youthes had been using the bottom of my driveway for some uhh activity!! Don't wanna know what i pulled out of them bushes!

You don't have a ribbed one in green do you....Reasonable price paid.
I would use one of my own, but by the time they have been used a few times and have gone through a hot wash they become very sticky:( .
Cya
mungo:)

i used the rubber grip from a extention lead drum. It took a bit of getting on.

this is a picture of the rubber grip on the handbrake lever.

Attachments

• DSCF0045.jpg
    DSCF0045.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 32
Something like that would be good. I'll measure the diameter of the lever tomorrow and take a look at what tools Homebase and Wickes have that I could use.

Back
Top Bottom