• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

How Do I? harness , wires , lost.

nobber

Extreme Landy Fan
ive just put in my chassis harness but now im a bit lost.
there are two small sets of wires , one from the fuel tank sender unit and the other from the very top of the gear box , can someone please tell me which harness these wires tap into and where?
i just cant see it.

Would think the gearbox switch wire would be for reverse lamp. Sender unit wires find their way to fuel gauge. If you have a manual with colours you can trace them coming out of their respective gauges. If that is all lost then you can wire them in yourself and write the colours somewhere.

Alex

the fuel guage wires go into the main harness from the guage on the dash but for the life of me i cant see where the wires from the sender unit join the main harness. the parts book and workshop books are both less than helpfull , the wiring diagram is there but thats not much use to me because it doesnt state where the wires join.

Yeah . If you can find the colours at each end you can run another wire from one to the other. Routing it in.
Alex

Alex is right.

The colours of the wires generally don't change.

its not the colours im having problems with.
this is the new harness for the tank sender unit. the terminals on the right attach to the fuel tank , now what i need to know is , where do i attach the terminals on the left to? they arnt supposed to go all the way to the back of the dash as far as i can work out , they have to tap into the main harness somewhere but i cant see where.

Attachments

• IMG_0335.JPG
    IMG_0335.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 48
is it not the other way round?? the ones on the left (one with the black plug cover) fits onto the tank sender.......the other end goes to the gague and a 12v live (when ignition on)

is it not the other way round?? the ones on the left (one with the black plug cover) fits onto the tank sender.......the other end goes to the gague and a 12v live (when ignition on)
nope , the ones with the black cover plug into the main harness somewhere.
the ones to the right fit onto the sender unit.

right the black wire with the circular fitting is and earth aint it? does it not fit straight to the guage?? you could try hooking the guage up to the harness and us a 9v battery on any wires youve got stray and look for a jump..:eek:

right the black wire with the circular fitting is and earth aint it? does it not fit straight to the guage?? you could try hooking the guage up to the harness and us a 9v battery on any wires youve got stray and look for a jump..:eek:

i dont think so , if i can remember correctly the harness in the pic patches into the main harness (the big one in the dash) and it probably wouldnt reach in behind the clocks anyway.

have a look at the main harnes leg coming forward from the back lights on my old landie the socket is in line with the end of the prop shaft almost. and on the short wheel base the conection was under the seat in the cab if thats any help

cheers hedghog , ive been all over my chassis harness and there is nothing for tank sender harness to tap into.

At least you dont have the trouble of 3 diferent voltage systems and all the wires the same colour the way i do on the casivac. everything on it was done to make it road legal and ground to a hault when it came to the wireing

Did you find where the tank wires went?
Here are mine on the 110 diesel tank.. uncleaned.
I can try & trace where they go if you like.

Attachments

• nov digi pics 112 (Medium).jpg
    nov digi pics 112 (Medium).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 20
thats ok Alice , ive done the tank , its the reverse lights im having trouble with.
thanks for taking the time to get the photo though , very kind of you.

Back
Top Bottom