• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

has my battery 'done one'?

nobber

Extreme Landy Fan
the friggin micra wont start again, the battery has run low.
now , when its driving with the lights and heater on the lights dim with the engine revs as does the rpm of the heater fan.
now when it does start , the engine spins as normal under battery power.
except this morning , when my battery died trying to start the damn thing.
so , is my battery on its way out?
the little window is reading green and telling me its ok.

If you have a voltimeter put it across the battery with engine running should get a reading of 13.50 _14.00 volts if you do then alternator is o/k so battery has given up cold weather puts paid to a battery if its not very good life of a battery is 5 years

the friggin micra wont start again, the battery has run low.
now , when its driving with the lights and heater on the lights dim with the engine revs as does the rpm of the heater fan.
now when it does start , the engine spins as normal under battery power.
except this morning , when my battery died trying to start the damn thing.
so , is my battery on its way out?
the little window is reading green and telling me its ok.

Don't be fooled by the little green window mate, ihad a battery with a dead cell in it and the little window was green, the little liar :thumbsdow

halfords just quoted me 50 nikker for a new one.:eek:
its tiny.

where can i get a cheap battery from guys?

Sounds like your alternator is shot.. As mentioned, put a voltmeter across the battery when the engine is running. You should get around 14 volts.. Then increase the engine speed and check again.. shouldn't really change that much!

dont have a volt meter.:(
the little green window is now grey , needs charged.
ive tried the battery out of the landrover but its dead to , wont fit anyways.
and to top it all of , my central heating has packed in.

The small Jap batteries are expensive compared to 'normal' batteries but try a motor factors instead, we sell batteries for Micras at around £30 a bit more if we can get it a bit less if we cant!!;)

But to me it sounds like it could be an alternator problem, I would get the battery tested, we offer a free testing service it only takes a minute (cannot be done on a flat battery though!) so if you go along to a good motor factors they should be able to test it for you.

The battery indicators are a waste of time, don't trust them get it tested properly.

dont have a volt meter.:(
the little green window is now grey , needs charged.
ive tried the battery out of the landrover but its dead to , wont fit anyways.
and to top it all of , my central heating has packed in.
It's cold what do you expect :( Why not charge the Landy battery & then use it to jump start the micra.

Back
Top Bottom