• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

head gasket

mike 1964

In Second Gear
Just been told by engine tune guy that head gasket has gone on my 1999 1.8 ,on number 3 pot, anyone know rough price for getting done? Live in west yorks so would appreciate any recomended garages to do job
Has anyone used the ' Cargo' metallic seal up ? Is it any good ?
Bit p***ed off cos first Feelander and love it.
Plus just been told rear sub frame mounting bolt has snapped, (heard creaking/clunk when changing from forward to reverse).
So not good day thinking whether to get rid of car as i've been told gasket is common recurring fault with them.
Before anyone say's,yes water level was checked very regularly.:( :( :( :( :( :(

i just bought my 1st freelander,heard the same thing that yes it is common but once done properly it is ok.i had mine done as part of the deal when i bought the car. apparantley the "new style" gasket sorts the problem but you have to have the head skimmed too,don't get rid of the car just cos of this though if you love it just get it done well and it should last.

Back
Top Bottom