• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Hi-Lift Jack

Jul90

Accelerating Away
Guys how do you mount your hi-lift in your truck?

I prefer to mounting it in the load area that on the outside, any pics or suggestions?

like this

Attachments

• CIMG0461.jpg
    CIMG0461.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 122
*** Naive noob question alert ***

Why do I need a hi-lift jack and how do you use one? Where are the jacking points you lift with it?

Sorry if it's a stupid question....

*** Naive noob question alert ***

Why do I need a hi-lift jack and how do you use one? Where are the jacking points you lift with it?

Sorry if it's a stupid question....

Unless you go of roading you dont really need one , the standard LR jack will suffice, for changing wheels on road a bottle jack will do the job very well, and is more stable when vehicles are passing close by

I carry one of each .....bottle jack for on road , hight lift for off road , and standard Lr jack as extra security if i have to do in the field repairs ...i would never go under a vehicle with just one jack holding it up ...like to keep my head ....head shaped ! ;)

got mine loose (but stowed) under the 2nd row seats at moment :eek:

Trouble is I keep swapping it between defender and series and nether have a proper mount.

Mine's fitted across the front bumper.
No chance of it fitting inside. Anyway why put it inside when iif I need it I would have to unload the vehicle to get to use it.

It was bought as an insurance with the winch kit and the bit for lifting at the wheel.
In two trips to Southern Africa it's never been used. I hope it never is.

Mine's fitted across the front bumper.
No chance of it fitting inside. Anyway why put it inside when iif I need it I would have to unload the vehicle to get to use it.

It was bought as an insurance with the winch kit and the bit for lifting at the wheel.
In two trips to Southern Africa it's never been used. I hope it never is.

Have you noticed any determental effects on the jack mechanism from being in located in that hostile position or is it protected from the elements?

I don't know why I've never thought to mount mine inside like that... Genius! I was going to try and find a spare wheel carrier that had a jack mount on it, but I have the jack mounts, and like Stephen says it'd be better to keep it inside from the elements/being nicked... Thanks guys!

like Stephen says it'd be better to keep it inside from the elements

I never said that :p I was in fact questioning it as I do not know, mmgemini says they got it there and sound like it seen some life... so maybe a good person to ask.

I like the *look* of a bumper and rear mounted jack. Looks great on jeeps.

I do have concerns that UK weather and salty hostile roads would have harsh effects on the jack and fear failure when I go to use it. I do not have an 'all-cast' version of the hi-lift jack so the ladder at least would rust but should still work...its just the mechanism I worry about. Maybe all it need is a dosh of wd40 and all would be fine regardless of looks.

I know you can get waterproof covers and cases and lockable mounts...

Mounted to the roof rack and padlocked. Pic tomorrow. Use it loads. I have long arms. It takes up too much space inside, and it has too many sharp edges when I have had my dogs inside. Adrian

Well mine is sitting in the rear but over the wheel. I used two 10mm bolts with wing nuts to secure it. Total cost, about £1

Suppose i have to wait till tommorow to see yours Kate? :p

Attachments

• jack.JPG
    jack.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 117
I have mine stowed inside the landy, but I have a spare wheel carrier with a plate to hold it when off roading, so if I need it it's always handy.

I was having one of my sparadic WD40 moments. Only to be topped by my sparadic greasing moments under the landy :D

Back
Top Bottom