• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

idiot's are out

SVENUK

Trekker
Got up earlier and cleared all the windows,bonnet and lights of snow. Went down road to have an idiot in a little pug pull out from side of road.
Only window he had cleared was his front screen. Side windows and mirrors covered in snow and was about 6 feet from my winch bumper.
He sped off like a bat out of hell.

Pay back time:D

Found him a mile up the road, he had stopped on hill and slid into kerb trying to get up it

Just went round him and left him there

Ain't you glad you have a 4x4:)

Mind you
there were more cars on the road then normal. Seems there are some drivers out who had the sense to get up earlier to give thenselves more time.

M1 blocked in Beds all 3 lanes north by accident. that means my town will be blocked.:(

I had great fun on the way to work this morning :) I pulled a mini up the hill a crystal palace only to see him speed off and crash into a railing down the otherside :D:D (It was a nice mini) got fed up with people spinning their wheels and swerving over the otherside of the road infront of me so I overtook them....Only doing 15mph mind!! gives you an idea of how slow peoples progress was.

Again there's no grit!! snow was 4inches on the road and nothing was treating it. This was on the south circular as well :eek:
:D Fun though:D :D

Our kids teacher's is niggled.. she left earlier & spent ages getting nowhere fast only to be told at 8:15 that the school is shut & she was worried that mine will have left being the last on the list.
Mine is still snug in bed.
The boy's school dred snow as all their windows become the target for ice balls.
It would be slightly sensible if the schools websites issued a notice. Can't be that difficult for powers that be to look out their windows, watch the news & get a local to take a quick look round the building.
Then access the website & let ppl know.
Instant reduction to the amount of traffic on the roads then.

No No NO Alice, A teachers main goal in life is to develop the hidden telepathic abilities in parents. they do this by sending letters home the night before a school trip in the hope that you've picked up on the "vibe" and have the exact amount of money on you to give to the sprog in the morning. Closing the school once a year because of snow is thier little test for the parents. Well done Alice you've passed! :D everyone else is a faliure :)

Poor girl.. (that's an advantage to being older :D) I feel quite sorry for her.
All the yrs of listening to the "We must keep the schools open at all costs" to the.. "we can't be expected to be thought of as nothing more than childminders. You must take time off work to collect your children" & "Omg, where are we going to take the money from to pay for the additional fuel costs"

Snow---> no school = happiness all round.

we have 4 inches up hear I am off out to work in a couple of Min's don't start till 1130 but I would rather be at work to find out the chaos the Early shift have encountered!
I have the hill route today so I am looking forward to it (in a minibus I hope)
ta ta!

Sorry...but snow = close school? What kind of message does this send to these kids?
"Yeah it's gonna be a bit of a challenge getting here today and might require some effort so......tell you what, don't bother" :rolleyes:
And this isn't snow. When it's deep enough to dig a snow hole to sleep in it's snowing.
I had four miles to school there and four miiles back, walked it every day rain, shine, snow, floods, plague of locusts....

Sorry...but snow = close school? What kind of message does this send to these kids?
"Yeah it's gonna be a bit of a challenge getting here today and might require some effort so......tell you what, don't bother" :rolleyes:
And this isn't snow. When it's deep enough to dig a snow hole to sleep in it's snowing.
I had four miles to school there and four miiles back, walked it every day rain, shine, snow, floods, plague of locusts....

Here Here Bob

What a country of whimps we are breeding, no wonder the country is like it is. Dusting of snow and close schools WHY? Maybe the authorities know that the chelsea tractors would cause slightly more mayhem than a normal days mayhem :D

I'm sure you'll take care.
Lets hope you don't encounter too many problems.
There will be enough people out there who'll be pleased to see you Charlie:)

it's nothing to do with the ability of children getting from A to B.

School runs clogg roads & help create accidents as infrastructor is pants.
Costs of heating, difficulties to producing a legal amount of adult cover per child & insurance risks to school property & people outweigh conventional common sence.

Snow doesn't stop the normal teaching process beurocrisy (sp?) does.

And yeah I know, it's all to do with H&S and the local orf-orities not wanting to take the blame when Mums start skidding in to each other's cars. It's another case of the great Sun-reading instant-expert British Public needing protecting from their own stupidity.....
"There's four inches of snow outside, I need to travel about one mile so shall I....a) walk, b) take my front wheel drive Japanese hatchback. No contest, where's me car keys?"
then they go off with no extra kit/food/clothing in their car, THEN they play the "Let's see just how little snow I can remove before I can see daylight through the windscreen" game and THEN they get all hissy when a car that last saw a set of spanners in 1981 doesn't like the cold.
If "we" were a bit more dynamic and displayed a little more....wait for it......common sense and self-reliance then just maybe "we" could get by at times like this. Just like very other European nation does.:rolleyes:
Rant, rant, whinge, whinge. etc.

Our school is closed. It is out in the sticks so the majority of sprogs arrive by car, even though few of the children live more than 2 miles away. It is fair to say a good proportion of those cars are 4x4's. Two lads usually arrive by quad when the weather is bad!

But, the teachers do not live locally, they do not have 4x4's, they cannot get to the school easily and the roads are quite bad now.

What a hopeless country we live in.

If "we" were a bit more dynamic and displayed a little more....wait for it......common sense and self-reliance then just maybe "we" could get by at times like this. Just like very other European nation does.:rolleyes:
Rant, rant, whinge, whinge. etc.

Come on Bob

Common sense is not in the sun reading/big brother/ Corie/ Eastenders dictionary.:D
Thats why the government has to protect us;) ;)

I bet common sence isn't allowed to win.
Depending on the weather by tomorrow morning. I could get his Nibbs to send the teacher a text suggesting she not waste her time & effort venturing in to town (as I did a 1471) & can almost guarentee she will not be able to follow such advice as authorities will insist she make effort as it's not fair to leave the work to those who live local.

Having a great laugh sitting here in reception. Watching all the idiots trying to get up the slope.
Foot to the floor ,wheels spinning going sideways.:D :D

THEY WILL NEVER LEARN

I drove the 20 mile to school this morning to find it's closed. However, although it's an inner city school, the majority of kids are bussed in (it's a selective Catholic school). Had great fun driving round Milton Keynes. Everyone was sticking to one lane on the dual carriageways, so I had my own lane all to myself. I think I got to school quicker than a normal day!

After my alarm went off I was so cosy I just dozed off again - for 90 minutes!
Walked to work, pretty treacherous in the snow as it was almost 30 ft from my 'bedroom' to the office door. Don't you just love a vehicle you can sleep in :)

Back
Top Bottom