• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Insurance

AJC

Extreme Landy Fan
Just moved down to deepest darkest Cornwall 2 weeks ago and notified the vehicle's insurance companies. Both cars have gone up but the bike remained the same. For some reason it more of a 'risk' area down here.

Is anyone aware of mapped risk areas for insurance?

Cheers,

AJ

Just moved down to deepest darkest Cornwall 2 weeks ago and notified the vehicle's insurance companies. Both cars have gone up but the bike remained the same. For some reason it more of a 'risk' area down here.

Is anyone aware of mapped risk areas for insurance?

Cheers,

AJ

yes. been happening for years hasn't it??? you obviously haven't lived in areas of riot-torn Britain :rolleyes: post-code based as far as we are aware

I don't have the list, but what I do know is that insurance risk works on post code.

So, lets say you have a situation similar to mine. The riots that took place in Oldham several years ago were partly in OL2, and even though I live miles away from the event my insurance is higher simply because my postcode starts with OL2. (What's even better is how in the small print is that they don't cover riot damage anyway but use it as an excuse to bump up premiums!)

AJ surprise me, not knowing where you live, where bouts in deepest cornwall? Truro, Penzance? would of thought that it got cheaper than the likes of inner plymouth.

AJ surprise me, not knowing where you live, where bouts in deepest cornwall? Truro, Penzance? would of thought that it got cheaper than the likes of inner plymouth.
I was on the edge of Plympton (PL7) and now in Helston (TR13). Maybe crime is not the major factor down here but the accident rate in country lanes etc. :confused:

AJ

Yep I think you are right there AJ. We were surprised not to get a bigger drop in insurance moving from south coast (BN) to the middle of nowhere (DD). Trouble is, DD = Dundee which probably rings alarm bells :D But also there is I imagine a greater risk of disputed liability claims, no witnesses, and of course higher mileage generally as we are 20 miles from anything, so likely to drive more = increased risk. I guess a lot of this would outweigh the reduced risk of theft / vandalism etc.

Yep I think you are right there AJ. We were surprised not to get a bigger drop in insurance moving from south coast (BN) to the middle of nowhere (DD). Trouble is, DD = Dundee which probably rings alarm bells :D But also there is I imagine a greater risk of disputed liability claims, no witnesses, and of course higher mileage generally as we are 20 miles from anything, so likely to drive more = increased risk. I guess a lot of this would outweigh the reduced risk of theft / vandalism etc.

I was going to say to Bernie, I wonder what formula they use? Then I saw clicked on your links!! :D

AJ

I've been told that if you move from a cheaper house to more expensive house within the same neighbour hood your car insurance goes up cause they think you can afford it more

my nearest landy neighbour lives just 1 postcode letter out but in a council tax band 1 higher, same age, vechicle, circumstance simialer occupation same insuance comp. pays about £15 more when he asked why he was told theives target more expensive properties!

Back
Top Bottom