• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

General Isle-of-wight starter motor help

mjbrown

In Second Gear
Hello I have previously posted but trying again.

I am on the isle-of-wight and need to find a starter motor today as we have a ferry booked

Does anyone have a starter for a diesel auto disco 1 I believe that they were fitted to other models

I have hit it

I have removed it and the gear spins and moves out, I have lubricated it and put it back in.

It just spins and sounds like it is not engaging with the fly wheel

If you can help please contact me

Phone number removed. Thanks Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick thought...have you tried putting the vehicle in gear, and rolling it forward a bit? Just wondering that, if the starter appears to be working as it should, if you have a worn spot on the flywheel. Putting it in gear and giving it a different position in the flywheel might work by turning the engine over a bit.

Unfortunately it's auto, I have the starter out and can see some of the teeth on the flywheel and they look good. The man the RAC sent agreed that the starter is knackered I'm going to try island 4x4 in the morning for a new starter

Unfortunately it's auto, I have the starter out and can see some of the teeth on the flywheel and they look good. The man the RAC sent agreed that the starter is knackered I'm going to try island 4x4 in the morning for a new starter
Obviously you do realise that Island4x4 is an on-line parts supplier located in Kent and not on the Isle of Wight :) https://www.island-4x4.co.uk/

I believe there is an outfit outside Newport - Island 4 x 4

Back
Top Bottom