• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Kelmarsh show called off

So after all that billing is still the place to be then:) , i bet that this little fiasco is going to hurt Lre in the hip pocket, do you think we may lose one of the mags?

Surely not? How so? I thought this was going to be the biggest ... and the best .... and ... er ... the biggest show in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!! :D :D :D

So, does this mean the IOM Massive will be staking out an LRUK enclave, as last time - and can someone remind me of the dates please? :rolleyes:

Roger.

Would it really be counted as a loss though?

I don't think so mate, it will be intresting to hear there excuse,s though as they can't knock the trader's as they would stop advertising in there mag so even more revenue would be lost.

its true. it is now on the LRE webiste.

"The Show at Kelmarsh is cancelled. It would appear that the majority of trade stands who have booked for a July show have chosen to go to Billing and we can't run a show with only a 1/3 of stands that we normally get.

Refunds for those who have already booked for the camping or trade will be processed shortly.
Richard Green - Publisher Land Rover enthusiast"

http://www.landroverenthusiast.com/kelmarsh.html

Well, there's no way I'm going to Billing so looks like I'll just stay at home and save my money.
I still have no desire to go to a venue that simply can't handle the numbers of people that the show attracts, has poor (no) security and is over crowded.
You all enjoy your weekend with cold showers, closed toilets, no water pressure and things that go missing in the night.

So, does this mean the IOM Massive will be staking out an LRUK enclave, as last time - and can someone remind me of the dates please? :rolleyes:

Roger.

Unfortunatly not this year Roger, We are going to give it a miss this year to save some money. The money i would have spent will be spent instead on converting my range rover to diesel. We will be over in 2008 for the LRUK 60th event and hopefully a show as well.

Rival publishing/exhibition organisations seem to be doing more of this muscleing in lark. Instead of one decent show, you end up wth two inferior ones, leading to miffed punters and disolusioned traders. I am thinking of major shows at the NEC and other big venues where a stand can cost £175/m2.

Recently one establised autumn trde/public show in London disapeared for no good reason, replaced by an NEC show and another at Excell. Manufacturer cannot afford the ££££ or the time to do two.

As for two on the same weekend, just utter stupidty and domed to fail, for one, the other or even both organisers.

Rival publishing/exhibition organisations seem to be doing more of this muscleing in lark. Instead of one decent show, you end up wth two inferior ones, leading to miffed punters and disolusioned traders. I am thinking of major shows at the NEC and other big venues where a stand can cost £175/m2.

Recently one establised autumn trde/public show in London disapeared for no good reason, replaced by an NEC show and another at Excell. Manufacturer cannot afford the ££££ or the time to do two.

As for two on the same weekend, just utter stupidty and domed to fail, for one, the other or even both organisers.

The problem was with the Kelmarsh and Billing situation was simply LRE verus Live Promotions, and not LRM as most seemed to think. Live promotions are the organisers of Billing, and also Driffield, and Land Rover Fest. Puts them in a far better position to offer traders multiply venue deals, something LRE couldn't offer. Also it means they can run one show at a lower level of profit etc, it all comes down to money and how much they each would charge the traders.

do you think we may lose one of the mags?
As above - no great loss if one (or more) did go. IMHO if you put all 4 together you hardly get one decent one out of 'em. LRM is getting too many "features" which are thinly disguided adverts.

Everyone except themselves saw it coming ages ago.

Only ever done Billing as a day visitor - seen and heard too many adverse stories about the camping, lack of security and thefts to bother staying there. Last visit I wondered why I bothered going and didn't go last year.

Michael

Only ever done Billing as a day visitor - seen and heard too many adverse stories about the camping, lack of security and thefts to bother staying there. Last visit I wondered why I bothered going and didn't go last year.

Michael[/quote]
only done billing as a day visitor too. love it but wouldn't want to camp there, worries me a little iff there was a fire there what would happen, there all stacked up so close to each other. alan.......

Back
Top Bottom