• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

L405 suspension

Scottishrab

In Third Gear
Hi boys and girls,

Looking for any help with L405 suspension calibration.

So I let a friend plug his computer in and try calibrate the suspension and mucked it up. Now seems to be sitting higher at the front left. Hopefully a picture attached.

Any help to try and rectify as can’t get booked into landrover until June 🙈

Thanks for replies in advance.

Attachments

• C971A610-F180-4EDE-AD21-F1A979FFD751.jpeg
    C971A610-F180-4EDE-AD21-F1A979FFD751.jpeg
    615.9 KB · Views: 13
Either he's made a horlicks of measuring it & inputting it or the height sensor bracket is bent. you need to either get him back or find an independent that can do it. There's no way of doing it (properly) without plug-in diagnostics. Driving it like that will potentially damage the suspension and / or be the cause of a collision.

I’m looking at buying a iid tool and trying to sort it. Seems to be the best tool for the job from what I can read online? Not going to use it for the time being.

There's a lot of other tools that can do the job for significantly less money, was the calibration done for any particular reason or 'just because'?
It needs to be done on a flat surface with very accurate measurements, if you think you'll struggle, then a height calibration will cost a fraction of the price if an IID at an independent...

There's a lot of other tools that can do the job for significantly less money, was the calibration done for any particular reason or 'just because'?
It needs to be done on a flat surface with very accurate measurements, if you think you'll struggle, then a height calibration will cost a fraction of the price if an IID at an independent...
It was sitting low on one side I thought. It was flat and it was measured but not entirely sure how it went wrong. Had a look at it my self today but says it’s outside of the tolerances. Struggling to get anyone to look at it as not many round my area without going a couple of hundred miles.

Attachments

• 6638D30C-8477-4FB9-92F3-C2E7EF60149C.jpeg
    6638D30C-8477-4FB9-92F3-C2E7EF60149C.jpeg
    428 KB · Views: 8
Have a look at the height sensor mounting brackets - it's not unknown for them to corrode (especially in salty Scotland!) and sit in the wrong position... to get the suspension to sit lower, the bottom of the sensor needs to be pulled further towards the wheel. I've had this on several L405/494's that were fine until sent up on a two-post ramp for other work only to sit nose-up when lowered, it was usually the OSF sensor bracket that had corroded but worth checking both.

Back
Top Bottom