• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Landrover Transporter any ideas

DEFENDER 01

Big Landy Fan
Found these photo,s thought they may be of interest does anyone know when the transporter was used :) photo of the series land rover was taken ay gaydon motor museum some time ago no paint just bare metal

Attachments

• series_three_no_paint.jpg
    series_three_no_paint.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Transporter_vorne.jpg
    Transporter_vorne.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Transporter_hinten.jpg
    Transporter_hinten.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:
Found these photo,s thought they may be of interest does anyone know when the transporter was used :) photo of the series land rover was taken ay gaydon motor museum some time ago no paint just bare metal

I don't know about the transporter mate - Templ4r might though - but that series isn't just bare of paint; that is seriously polished a la aircraft finish. Lots and lots and lots of hard work to get it like that. Is it a series III anyone, or even a SWB Stage 1? Now I've learned a bit more about Stage Ones! :rolleyes:

Roger.

I don't know about the transporter mate - Templ4r might though - but that series isn't just bare of paint; that is seriously polished a la aircraft finish. Lots and lots and lots of hard work to get it like that. Is it a series III anyone, or even a SWB Stage 1? Now I've learned a bit more about Stage Ones! :rolleyes:

Roger.

the transporter was in some promotional material i think, and judging by the fact ti has a series 1 on the back i would guess it was from the fifties.

that looks like a series 3 to me. interesting clear panels in the dorr and bonnet though. obviously intended as a show piece.

HI

Correct it is a Leyland Beaver.

This one originally belonged to the health service as some kind of mobile xray unit.
As you see is it was built by the Master of all restorers Ken Wheelright to transport his collection of series 1's approx 5 years ago.

It in fact followed me into Billing one year.

Cheers Wingnut

I've told my mates I want to make my last journey in the back of my trailer, towed by whichever Land Rover I have at the time. (A Series I with any luck - but you didn't hear me say that.) And I don't want a queue forming behind us either - a speeding ticket would make a good story.

Roger.

That is corect about the vehicle in question.

I believe Rover had two of them. Neither appeared to have been registered as the only pictures of the original ones I've seen have them on General Trade plates.

That is a cracking looking Series, would that colour (or lack of) scheme be road legal?
How much would you upset front fog users in that!!!!?

And I don't want a queue forming behind us either - a speeding ticket would make a good story.
Roger.

My dad was an undertaker for a while. He got stopped for speeding in a hearse...36MPH in a 30 zone, responding to a police call. (guy had dropped dead in his front garden.)

Anyhew, dad was ex Cheshire Constabulary, traffic, and had tested the handheld vascar unit for them when it was new. He says to the pollisman, "I registered an oak tree moving at 6 MPH with one of those things..." to which the polissman says "Whats your occupation?".

Dads reply, bearing in mind, the hearse, the pinstripe suit, waistcoat etc, top hat on passengger seat...? "An effing taxi driver! Whats it look like??" Yes...he got a ticket....:D

Back
Top Bottom