• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now
Maes Group

Links Maes Group

Neil

Posting Guru
A mention for this company.
I had 3 voltage regulator d, 2 of which were NOS but none of them worked. 2 were genuine Land Rover parts and the other was a modern Lucas classic part. One of the genuine LR parts was a 30A unit as was the Lucas classic. The original part off the vehicle was unknown but presumed to be a 30A unit because that was how it is described in the parts list.

I sent all 3 units with the request to return 2 working units (the new ones) the 3rd they could use for spares or scrap.
Told them the vehicle had a 40A dynamo and they asked me to call them. I did so and the phone conversation was very interesting.
Apparently a 30A control box and a 40A dynamo is a recipe for burning out the dynamo, the 30A control box is intended for use with a 45A dynamo, no sir won't fit your vehicle different frame size.
Now gets more interesting, a 40A dynamo should be controlled by a 22A regulator which is what the old regulator unit was (despite the parts list saying 30A) they discovered that when they blasted all the muck/corrosion off it.
They repaired the original unit, returned all 3, gave instructions on "tuning" the regulator to the vehicle and general set up.
They also do the big 24V generators and other Lucas components, are all over Lucas, Land Rover and military part numbers, know this forum and are all round good eggs.
The price for all this? £45 which included the postage.

Just a thought for the mods, should this be in the series section as well/instead?

Last edited:
Big Sandy submitted a new resource:

Maes Group - The complete auto electrical service

The Complete Auto Electrical Service​

We are a family owned and managed company, which has been operating throughout South Yorkshire and the surrounding areas since our establishment in 1964. Originally based in Maltby, we have operated from purpose built facilities in the centre of Rotherham since 2004. Now at the heart of our customer base we are just a few moments away from Junctions 33-35 of the M1.

We have everything that you need to meet your vehicle’s...

Read more about this resource...

Back
Top Bottom