• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

McDonald acts on the UNICEF report!

educationalist

Big Landy Fan
Shocking new today about the UNICEF report, Britain is the worst country in the industrialized world in which to be a child, closely followed by the United States, the United Nations Children's Fund said on Wednesday.

The UNICEF charity looked at 40 indicators to gauge the lives of children in 21 economically advanced nations -- the first study of its kind -- and found Britain's children were among the poorest and most neglected.
Britain lagged behind on key measures of poverty and deprivation, happiness, relationships, and risky or bad behaviour, the study showed.

One of the key factors of this report is that Parents do not spend quality time with their children in the United Kingdom

However, McDonalds the fast food chain group have been quick to cash in on this report and are to make sure parents spend a little more time with their offspring's and have introduced this menu special. Parents get them while they last.

Attachments

• McBaby%20Sandwich.jpg
    McBaby%20Sandwich.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:
im sorry but that is sick

I agree not enough salad, :eek: McDonalds taking the ***** again.:D

Looks like its taking off though, with 'Subway' doing a nice line in bed wrap subs! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1image-enfant13-mini.jpg
    1image-enfant13-mini.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 53
It is sick, but it does have a point as I wouldnt be surprised if some large food chain would go to a large length to cash in on it.......:rolleyes:

It is sick, but it does have a point as I wouldnt be surprised if some large food chain would go to a large length to cash in on it.......:rolleyes:

At last some one with the ability to get the point.....Go to the top of the forum.
One of the underlying factors of the UNICEF report is the fast food concept and its mentality that is indoctrinating our present society, and robbing some families of quality meal times, in preference to a ten minute sit down in a noisy atmosphere or worse eating on the hoof.

The images were meant to provoke thought as a Joke (sic)

At last some one with the ability to get the point.....Go to the top of the forum.
One of the underlying factors of the UNICEF report is the fast food concept and its mentality that is indoctrinating our present society, and robbing some families of quality meal times, in preference to a ten minute sit down in a noisy atmosphere or worse eating on the hoof.

Some of the kids I teach, the "ten minute sit down in a noisy atmosphere" would be the longest the family might be together for "quality time" in certainly the week possibly the month.

Each September with the new intake of Yr7's (11 year olds) some at lunchtime have to be shown how to use knives and forks!!

And yes I got the joke and the point!

Each September with the new intake of Yr7's (11 year olds) some at lunchtime have to be shown how to use knives and forks!!
I teach / lecture at the other end of the scale, and I have to say that both under and post graduates are not much better than your year sevens. In fact it seems most students these days have totally dispensed with the knife and fork as eating implements, choosing instead to place food in their mouths with fingers while busy talking at the same time.

...most students these days have totally dispensed with the knife and fork as eating implements, choosing instead to place food in their mouths with fingers...

It saves on the washing up! Who in their right mind would eat a bacon butty with a knife and fork?

...while busy talking at the same time.
Would you accept that it allows us more time to write our essays? Nope? Thought not! That is just plain wrong! Cannot say i have met many students who talk with their mouth full. Maybe its a northern thing:p

Youth of today! Utterly disgraceful:D They always have been!

Oh, I think we got the joke, only did not think it funny, or thought provoking.

Oh, I think we got the joke, only did not think it funny, or thought provoking.

Humour is a complex phenomenon; humour is a strange bed fellow. We often equate laughter with humour but there are many instances where laughter clearly has little to do with humour, the maniacs laugh, and the evil chuckle for examples.
Humour is a quality of perception one day you may get the joke, clearly not this day. Like beauty being in the eyes of the beholder, humour is in the funny bone of the receiver, each to his own, but of course somewhere you must have had a thought on the picture.
I never meant this image to be side splitting, as the devouring of an infant could never be funny, it was meant to be incongruous, but I am sure to some persons it will be the funniest thing they have ever seen, that's life.

Back
Top Bottom