• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Military land rover lighting set

Samo Samo

Offroader
Hi every one, I don't usually venture into this part of the site so please bare with me, i brought this military box as it had some nice lamp shades and various other bits of kit, i was told its for a military land rover, is there any members who might have this kit or know what should be in it.

20231116_171207 (1).jpg
20231116_172701 (1).jpg

6230-99-452-3317 is the NATO Stock Number (NSN).
The second element is for the National Codification Bureau (NCB) 99 indicates the item is for UK use.
The first element of the NSN is the NATO Supply Classification (NSC) 6230 indicates electric portable & hand light equipment.
The Domestic Management Code (DMC) X2 indicates a broad class of items covering generating plant, electrical conversion plant & general electrical equipment.

The contents of the box would be defined in P/40353 this is the Production edition of the Complete Equipment Schedule. The Army Code No. of the publication is 40353. The catalogue of these CES appears in Army Code No. 12123 Part No.V. I have several of these & the publication is not listed although some adjacent numbers are listed which suggests the lighting kit did not stay in service for very long.

FVE is the contract prefix which suggests it was vehicle related as in Fighting Vehicle. The NSC 6230 suggests it was not an integral part of a vehicles lighting system, as otherwise the NSC would have been 6220.

I have a 1970 Vocabulary of Army Ordnance Stores (VAOS) Section X2 & it is not listed there.

6230-99-452-3317 is the NATO Stock Number (NSN).
The second element is for the National Codification Bureau (NCB) 99 indicates the item is for UK use.
The first element of the NSN is the NATO Supply Classification (NSC) 6230 indicates electric portable & hand light equipment.
The Domestic Management Code (DMC) X2 indicates a broad class of items covering generating plant, electrical conversion plant & general electrical equipment.

The contents of the box would be defined in P/40353 this is the Production edition of the Complete Equipment Schedule. The Army Code No. of the publication is 40353. The catalogue of these CES appears in Army Code No. 12123 Part No.V. I have several of these & the publication is not listed although some adjacent numbers are listed which suggests the lighting kit did not stay in service for very long.

FVE is the contract prefix which suggests it was vehicle related as in Fighting Vehicle. The NSC 6230 suggests it was not an integral part of a vehicles lighting system, as otherwise the NSC would have been 6220.

I have a 1970 Vocabulary of Army Ordnance Stores (VAOS) Section X2 & it is not listed there.
well thank you FV1620 for this detailed information, i did try to contact the makers as found there company address and phone number but no joy there, once i have time will post pictures of the contents that's left in there.

Back
Top Bottom