• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

mot in 7 days challenge.

nobber

Extreme Landy Fan
right , Ive come to the conclusion that the micra's had it. put it on jump leads and it was a none starter so Ive had enough with it.
that leaves us with no transport. ms nobber is borrowing her boss's car but it wont be forever sooo , I'm going to mot the 90 by this time next week.
now , to mot it I'm cutting it fine and i wont have some bits that I'm not sure if i need or not.
these are the bits i wont have.
door tops, door lock barrels ,bonnet stay(the bit that props it up) door seals, sills , spare wheel , fog / reverse lamps, the rubber around my windscreen looks cracked around the corners ,my brake disks are rusty,Ive got an oil leak on the transfer box rear seal , and I'm sure there will be more but for now , can i get away with the above?

disks should clean themselves when the brake is applied, unless they are really pitted should be fine,

mm no bonnet stay, if they need to check anything under the bonnet, they could stop the test as they consider it unsafe to be under there with no stay..

I'm sure Temp4r would be more help in this thread than me :rolleyes:

Cheers

yeah the bonnet stay is a dodgy one , il buy one if need be but i really need to put my money into making it run/drive and safe.

Dont need door locks, although the door must latch securley (sp) i believe..

But no law says you have to lock a motor,,

CHeers

sounds like nothing major - as long as the weather is kind enough I'm sure it will all be fine.

a spare would be a good idea though

Where's Templ4r when you need him? :)

ive got the latches , just no barrells in them.
also i dont think my front wheels are aligned properly , will this fail it?

ive got the latches , just no barrells in them.
also i dont think my front wheels are aligned properly , will this fail it?

as far as I remember from my last mot, wheel alignment is not checked, but uneven wear might be

How about the headlight alignment?

all the tyres are new so thats ok then , new lights back and front so the lights will need aligned. dont they do that at the mot centre?

all the tyres are new so thats ok then , new lights back and front so the lights will need aligned. dont they do that at the mot centre?

depends how friendly they are :)

mine will happily fit bulbs etc if they are out, for free.

given that the lamps are new, standby with your screwdriver :)

any idea how to adjust them? ive heard about driving it up to a wall then driving 15 feet back and making the beams arrive in the same place but i think there might be a wee bit more to it than that.

I think the V5 might be the stumbling block mate.. Pm Templ4r will be able to help more... I'm off on wednesday if you need a hand.
you dont need a spare,
you dont need a reverse light

cheers
dave

gonna post the v5 off in the morning. i need to change the revenue weight anyway , it reads 3499kg and should read , what should it read?

It wil be Tested " As Presented".

The NT will put fuel type as Diesel.

You need a Rear Fog lamp to the OS or the centre. Mandatory lights are Side, Brake, Rear Fog, Head lights and Flashers. Hazard warning must have a light. Rear fog must have a warning light.
Brake pedal must have a rubber or something to stop your foot slipping.
Doors must be secure, front passenger door must open from inside, rears from the outside.
You must have a drivers side mirror and either a centre or passenger side mirror.

Use a piece of wood for a bonnet stay, bonnet must open.

Washers and wipers, no marks or cracks on drivers side of screen.

Brake discs must not be worn too much.

Seats must be secure.

Oil leaks are Advisory, unless they are power steering or getting on the brakes.

The 4 tyres on the floor are Testable.

The rest is seat belts, steering, brake system and suspension. Chassis corrosion and body mounts will count on the Landy.

Have a look at the MOT section, I have put a Link to the VOSA site, you can download the Check Sheet from there. Use that for a Guide. VT40.

Chris

Attachments

• MOT Inspection Checklist (VT 40).pdf
    116.3 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom