• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

New 90 Owner

rikrak

In Second Gear
Hi There!
This is my first posting on this site so bear with me if it's in the wrong place, or the formatting is all to cock...

I've recently purchased a D-reg 90 (1984?) County 2.5TD. It's the first Land Rover I've ever owned, and hopefully not the last. The engine's done about 150,000 (mostly road) miles and as far as I can tell the previous owner has looked after it really well, both inside the cab, and under the bonnet.

I'd like to maintain the engine in good order, and would like to do my own servicing and maintenance. The problem is that I don't know where to start; I've changed the oil and that's about it.

So I'd like to know what things should be checked/changed regularly in order to maintain a reliable engine, and how frequently these things should be done?

Also: What sort of life span does a 2.5TD engine have? Given that its done around 150,000 miles, can I expect another 25,000 before I need to consider a new engine/vehicle?

Cheers,
Rik

Life span of a 2.5td engine?????

Short would be one word to describe it, if it is the orignal enginne be thankful for all the miles you get out of it from now on, myn did about 115,000 then packed up, and road miles ain't always the best for this kind of engine. If your thinking of replacing it go for a 200tdi engine, good work horse and very easy to fit. But most of all enjoy your landrover and care for it like you would for a good women!!!!

Happy motoring

Back
Top Bottom