• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

New freebie advise required - instruction book etc

rickyrooo1

Overdrive!
Hi all picked the freelander up on saturday (2001 1.8i 3 door braemar) at 1pm done 250 miles already - had a nice run down to barmouth yesterday to bed the new head gasket in etc..returned 31.2 mpg with 4 of us in it.... any good? :rolleyes:

few questions i need answering please.

1.tyre pressures? the handbook lists only pressures for 15 or 16 inch wheels,mine is fitted with 225/55/17.

2.towbar electrical socket.last time i had a towbar it had the "old style" socket? 7 pins i think?...this one has 13 smaller ones....

3.cd player.anyone have a instruction book for the car they wanna sell?,it's the single disc cd player,if not does anyone know a online download site for it? i can't save any of my radio channels so am scanning manually,also i haven't got the code for the radio it is either in the missing book or wasn't written down by the original dealer in the handbook,does anyone know a cheap/free way of getting this so i can disconnect the battery without fear of losing the radio code.

4.spare keys/fobs.i only recieved one key and one fob with the car,anyone know how much for replacements and do they have to come from landrover only?? i belive the key is chipped to the immobiliser and therefore just popping to mister minute is a worthless idea.

thanks guys in advance,i'll post a few pics when i clean it to my standards...valet isn't as good as my quick clean lol:)

You should be able to download a manual for the CD from the official LR download site.

13-pin tow socket is European. My guess is it replaces the need to have two separate sockets, ie one for vehicle systems and one for supplementary electrics, eg caravan internal electrics.

If you don't want the hassle of rewiring your towing electrics you can get a 13pin to twin socket adaptor from Durite, try your local auto electrical factors.

Your key is the cheaper one of the two; STC4736 £33.50+vat,
keyfob YWX101200 £37.07 + labour to tune in +vat.. you can get non genuine fobs but I think you'll have to go through your dealer for the key.

You can get the radio code free by asking the dealer and supplying a copy of the V5 to prove ownership. I think any dealer may be able to provide it but I got mine from the original supplier a couple of days ago.

I think any dealer may be able to provide it .

Yes its all stored on the Land Rover computer system which any dealer will have access to, occassionally you get one that involves faxing the radio serial number to Traceability which can take a few hours.

Oh yes some dealers charge, some don't.. I don't..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes its all stored on the Land Rover computer system which any dealer will have access to, occassionally you get one that involves faxing the radio serial number to Traceability which can take a few hours.

Oh yes some dealers charge, some don't.. I don't..

so if i get stuck is that an offer;)

Your key is the cheaper one of the two; STC4736 £33.50+vat,
keyfob YWX101200 £37.07 + labour to tune in +vat.. you can get non genuine fobs but I think you'll have to go through your dealer for the key.

what is the process i need to do with the key mate? lets say for example i only buy the key,not the replacement fob and then i lost the only key fob but had locked the car with it...would it still be ok to open and run with just the key or is it advisable to buy both?
what time span is involved? do i have to turn up at the dealer with the keys or could they get the info with the vin number??

are these prices a set price at any dealer set by land rover?

my local dealer is bushbury wolverhampton anyone off here work there/know someone??

Back
Top Bottom