• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

New Project

Snagger

Posting Guru
Not as exciting, this one!

My garage has always been a mess and very dark. As we're starting work on a new kitchen in a week's time (including knocking out walls, arches and cielings to make more space, to be followed by a loft conversion), I needed to move the washing machine and dryer into the garage and fit a sink. Two birds, one stone and all that... I've painted all the walls white and the lower walls and floor grey. Helena has bought me a steel Clarke workbench with drawers and cupboards and three bays of matching Clarcke steel shelving are to be delivered this week (to go along the wall pictured). I have grabbed the 3-bar heater (very powerful, casing to be sprayed in BBQ matt black enamel) from the skip when my father had his house completely rebuilt. The garage has 2 flourescent tube lights at the moment, but these old units will be replaced with 4x 5' tubes and halogen lights over the workbench. Helena is also promising me a beer fridge, having seen one today while we were looking at kitchen stuff.

So, I should end up with a clean, well equiped garage with more lighting than Blackpool and more heating that Buckingham Palace, running hot and cold water, refreshments (the old kettle in the short term;)) and the old HiFi from in the loft. All just finishing the LR rebuild!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 71
  • garage2.jpg
    garage2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 53
I'm jealous! I am 'betweem houses' at the mo and I am desperate to get a garage to call my own again (althought the boss has decided she wants the freezer and washing machine out of our next kitchen :( !!)

I'm jealous! I am 'betweem houses' at the mo and I am desperate to get a garage to call my own again (althought the boss has decided she wants the freezer and washing machine out of our next kitchen :( !!)
Be careful with the freezer - most fridges and freezers have a minimum ambient operating temperature of 16oC.

Quite right. A good clean workspace is a delight.......so they tell me:D

Be carefull .......too much time spent in garage can evntually lead to a certain kind of look.

Attachments

• DSC03715.jpg
    DSC03715.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom