• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

General New wiper park switch fitted but not fixed the problem

Tyer

First Gear
Hi everyone, I’ve got a 2012 Defender, I’ve just changed the wiper park switch, bit fiddly but got it done. Wipers still don’t park, and the intermittent wiper setting still doesn’t work. Any advice on what to check next? Thanks.

There should be two power supplies to the wiper motor. one supply which is switched by the wiper switch and one supply which is live all the time the ign is on.
check that second wire has power.

Hi everyone, I’ve got a 2012 Defender, I’ve just changed the wiper park switch, bit fiddly but got it done. Wipers still don’t park, and the intermittent wiper setting still doesn’t work. Any advice on what to check next? Thanks.
When you say they don't park, what does happen?
Do they keep going, or just stop dead where they are?

Assuming the stop dead:
As KevM says the main dash wiper switch (as you mention intermittent, there is a relay doing most of the work here) in the off position should disconnect power directly to the motor and instead send power to the park switch.
The park switch will send power to the motor until it detects it has reached the park position, then cut-out.
Check the park switch has power when the wipers are turned off.
If there is power to the park switch, then the output from the park switch is live when the wipers are not in the park position. if that's not the case then there's a physical issue with the switch and the park notch.

If there is no power into the park switch, note the colouring of that wire (probably solid green?) and check the same colour on the output from the relay.

med_gallery_22916_1180_197223.jpg

Back
Top Bottom