• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Diesel Engines Newbie: some L322 Qs.

Basil1

First Gear
Hi People,

I'm planning on getting an L322 and want to make some changes so, I'd like some of your wisdom or advice on how realistic they are.

1. I may buy somewhere between 2007 and 2010. I want to create the 2012 exterior. Which year/variant would the 2012 upgrade be simpler on if either?
2. I would like the 2012 interior (dashboard and console especially). Is that a straightforward modification, with time consumption being the main issue? (as opposed to wiring mods etc)
3. I was considering LPG conversion but now am looking into full electric. (as seen with other cars on vintage voltage). Has anyone got experience of full electric conversion?

I'd appreciate your opinions and suggestions or any links you may be able to share.

Basil.

I've been looking at full electric and I don't think its a goer yet. In terms of climate and de-carbonisation its bang on trend but its still a bit early. Everyone is searching for crashed Teslas and Leafs so the cheap options are gone. The best conversions use a Tesla battery and controller. The battery is about £25k and you wouldn't get the range of the all ally , low drag Tesla so you are looking at (say) 100-150 miles.
My conclusion (rather than my advice)? Buy a used Tesla, its going to be much more in fashion, faster, cheaper to run and hold its value better. Or, save up and hope the Cyber Truck gets made in a RHD.

Back
Top Bottom