• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Petrol Engines Nice Aussie Lightweight Conversion

The other Aussie one I came across was Jaunt. Love them or loath them I can see it becoming more commen over the coming decade as goverments slowly kill off fossil fuel powered vehicles to a point where supply becomes limited.

If I had the money and was a bit younger it's something I'd love to setup doing over here.

The other Aussie one I came across was Jaunt. Love them or loath them I can see it becoming more commen over the coming decade as goverments slowly kill off fossil fuel powered vehicles to a point where supply becomes limited.

You can take away our fossil fuels, but you cant take away our freedom...

I'll be converting mine to run on vege...

I think it's a great conversion.... Built to push boundaries.
As for 'sacrilege'... Rubbish, it's an old landrover
There are loads around AND it's nice to see something different..

Electric conversions are getting more common and better and better.

I've looked over this when working at Jaguar landrover...
And its stunning.

When I heard the guitar at the start of the vid I instantly thought Jimmy page - Led Zep! but I can't for the life of me remember what track, anyone know?
Shazam is no use finding it, It may not be Jimmy page but it sure as hell sounds like him and now it is bugging me :confused:

When I heard the guitar at the start of the vid I instantly thought Jimmy page - Led Zep! but I can't for the life of me remember what track, anyone know?
Shazam is no use finding it, It may not be Jimmy page but it sure as hell sounds like him and now it is bugging me :confused:
Don't think it is Jimmy, certainly has his phrasing at the start but it drifts away from Zeppelin territory as it progresses. Nice slide playing though.

"5-hour three-phase charge-time and an estimated driving range of 220 miles."

I wonder who that is aimed at... someone who doesn't need to travel very far - obviously...

100Kw = 134bhp... Am I missing something or is that not particularly stunning?
How does it manage that acceleration? Torque?
I wonder what it weighs...

Its all "estimated" anyway and apart from the outside shots there are no pics of the drivetrain etc (and why fit exhaust pipes??).
I think this is a pie-in-the-sky project hoping for some sucker to finance the first build...

Possibly an artist from down under? I Wonder if any of our friends from Aus might know? @whitehillbilly6 or @Lewy109 might recognise it?

I have no idea who the artist is. The owner of the lightweight lives about 1.5hrs from me. I will get down to have a look at one day.

The whole thing can be converted back to stock whenever he wants to. I am pretty sure he is also rebuilding the gearboxes for Jaunt too.

Back
Top Bottom