• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

North Coast 500

OliC89

In Second Gear
Afternoon All

I've just got my first landy after much saving and scrimping and I amlooking to do my first ever long trip in it. I've recently read an article about the North West 500 and could not think of a better place to start! My question to you guys and gals is if anyone knows how long to give myself to complete such a trip given on anyone's past experience? Any tips and pointers would greatly appreciated šŸ˜

Forget the NC500 ....or at least only use it as a guide ....

Buy yourself a map and look for as many small dead end roads that end at the sea AND cross reference with google earth ....you'll find much nicer unspoiled spots trust me .

20160926_164246.JPG
20160930_174212.JPG
20161001_135049.JPG
20160926_170319.JPG
20160927_102428.JPG
20160927_102428.JPG
20161005_093206.JPG
20161006_154048.JPG

Nice pictures. Agree entirely with the comments. The NC500 is becoming the equivalent of the M25 - well, by West Coast standards- and to be avoided in the summer months unless you're on 2 wheels. This is a great pity, but it's become a victim of it's own success.

Nc500, as much as it generates income (yes, they will rip you off) is a pita for those of us who use the roads on a daily basis... Either from rubberneckers dawdling along at 30mph or choobs doing 90mph. As such, I agree with @ogb in that's its a victim of its own popularity. Shame, because there are some great sights to see and places to be.

@OliC89 Welcome to the forum! Which Landy do you have?

Nc500, as much as it generates income (yes, they will rip you off) is a pita for those of us who use the roads on a daily basis... Either from rubberneckers dawdling along at 30mph or choobs doing 90mph. As such, I agree with @ogb in that's its a victim of its own popularity.

Same with lots of things when the T'interweb gets involved ....

Laning on deserted byways never seeing another vehicle barring the odd farm tractor etc ....now the ones left open are like the M1 ....more and more vehicles forced into smaller and smaller resources causing problems .

Back
Top Bottom