• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

UK North Wales - This Weekend

Hmmmm wish I was out this weekend, but alas I think I am decorating again!

I think HPLP should buck up his ideas and come out with you lot. He ain't done nowt in North Wales yet!

Com'on Hugh go with Dave, he'll show you a good time!!!!! ;) :D

Cheeky git!
I have been out with you lot, just you, Geo, didnt turn up!

May be able to do the following weekend but that depends on whether Geo wants to do his transfer box or not.........

Im driving ribs all weekend at Plas Menai this weekend.

H

Cheeky git!
I have been out with you lot, just you, Geo, didnt turn up!

May be able to do the following weekend but that depends on whether Geo wants to do his transfer box or not.........

Im driving ribs all weekend at Plas Menai this weekend.

H

Huh I thought you piloted boats?!?!?! am I wrong!!!! ;)

After the state of the first one I did I thought I'de better repalce them all, more as preventative maintainance. Done the other rear one during the week, so just the two front to do.

Was out that way today:D , I will post the pics of the "mud run" the ****ers have made up by Lake Alwen. Would have been nice to get pics of them doing it so I could report some.

Paul

RTC3511 is a double lipped seal, I think its a Defender fitment as standard, it replaces the standard seal that keeps grease in but doesnt do a very good job of keeping water out.

I just bought a 'kit' off fleabay, probably the cheapest parts they could put together.

This is from an American site

Tech Tip: we recommend using RTC3511 hub seals even if you don't eliminate the axle case seal. This is a double lip seal and a vast improvement over the seal currently specified by Land Rover. When Land Rover added the axle case seal they used a much less effective hub seal because the wheel bearing now specified only requires wheel bearing grease for the bearings. Wheel bearing grease is very easy to seal in because it does't go anywhere ie: it doesn't flow. The problem is the current specified seal isn't very effective at sealing things out such as water - hence the risk premature of wheel bearing failure! When installing RTC3511 hub seals, recess them 3mm into the hub or you will get a false reading on your wheel bearing preload.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom