• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Oil changes

gibbo1987

Shifting Up
Hi all, just a quick one. Are these the correct oils from Smith and Allen for engine oil change and gearbox, transfer box and front and rear diffs. Aldo is 20 litres enough for the ep90?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6497.png
    IMG_6497.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 12
As long as the EP90 is GL4 it will be fine. 20l will give you plenty to keep in stock. To be fair you'd have some left over from 10l, but it works out cheaper to buy bigger quantities.

The 20/50 is fine too. 10 (9 probably once you buy it) will give you about 2 litres left over for topping up in the next few months.

As long as the EP90 is GL4 it will be fine. 20l will give you plenty to keep in stock. To be fair you'd have some left over from 10l, but it works out cheaper to buy bigger quantities.

The 20/50 is fine too. 10 (9 probably once you buy it) will give you about 2 litres left over for topping up in the next few months.
Thanks very much, yeah it’s GL4, I’ll get it ordered

I've got a 2l plastic jug that I use when decanting from the big S&A drums. Big enough top to catch what I'm pouring in and wide enough base not to fall over!
Helps me know how much I've just topped up with, any excess either goes back in the big drum or into a smaller 5l that I carry in the vehicle.
20240421_174319.jpg

Is there a way to dispense a 20l dum into smaller containers without dribbling eveywhere? The tap that S&A sell trickles out slowly at various angles, doesn't shut off cleanly and drives me to despair.
Buy a manual pump that fits the top of the 20 litre, with a tube on the "exit". I can lie under the Landy, hold the tube in the gearbox, / t box, whatever, and pump with the other hand. Perfect.

Back
Top Bottom