• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Oil leak question

Mick J

Offroader
My Landy drips a little oil from the back of the engine (between the sump and the flywheel housing,and last time I took it for it's MoT I noticed that the tester was a little irked by this as he wiped it up but didn't say anything.
I was wondering if leaking a little oil could become an issue that could lead to an MoT failure?

Power Steering Oil leak is a definite Fail.

All other oil leaks are Advise, unless it interfers with the braking system.

Note: Make sure the fluid has
leaked from the power steering system and not from another source

b. a leak in the system showing that a component Joint or seal has failed

Chris

Does the oil come from the hole at the bottom of the flywheel housing or does it definitely come from between the sump and fly wheel housing, the second is a doddle to fix the first isn't.

Does the oil come from the hole at the bottom of the flywheel housing or does it definitely come from between the sump and fly wheel housing, the second is a doddle to fix the first isn't.

Yes,it definitely leaks from between sump and flywheel housing,I put a new sump gasket on there but it didn't make any difference.I noticed that there was a lot of clear silicone sealant bodged on around that area,but it obviously wasn't helping.
It doesn't leak a lot,just a couple of drops every time I park it up.

Hmm lots of silocone there, that sounds far too familiar. it could be the T seals for the end bearing cap if the leak isn't bothering you too much then leave it, they are a complete pig to replace.

Back
Top Bottom