• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

RadHaz kits - worth it?

0utcast

Shifting Up
Hey all, looking for some info/ feedback.

I’m thinking about getting a RadHaz kit for my Tithonus 110, looks like I can pick one up for about £300.
Just wondering if they’re worth it? Does anyone have one fitted?
Do they make any difference in insulation temperature wise?
Cut down on any rattles, noises, road noise, anything?

Many thanks for any info provided!

Yes it is worth it. It reduces condensation & eliminates the embarrassing drips into the driver's lap. It does help muffle road & transmission noise a bit & gives a feeling of general cosiness inside. This is particular important as I sometimes sleep in the vehicle, to enhance this I chopped up sleeping mat roll & packed this under the RadHaz. It also muffles noise from others who may be camping nearby. I also use for its intended purpose as I am a radio amateur & take some comfort that there is some screening between me & an antenna, provided of course it has been bonded to the vehicle frame as instructed.

Last one i bought was £25 ...for complete kit ...

At £25 it's worth it for a,bit of extra draught proofing AND a SLIGHT reduction in noise ....

More than £25 ....hmmm probably not worth it for the amount of improvement

Yes it is worth it. It reduces condensation & eliminates the embarrassing drips into the driver's lap. It does help muffle road & transmission noise a bit & gives a feeling of general cosiness inside. This is particular important as I sometimes sleep in the vehicle, to enhance this I chopped up sleeping mat roll & packed this under the RadHaz. It also muffles noise from others who may be camping nearby. I also use for its intended purpose as I am a radio amateur & take some comfort that there is some screening between me & an antenna, provided of course it has been bonded to the vehicle frame as instructed.
Thanks! Yes forgot to say, I plan on sleeping in the back also, so that’s good to know.

Last one i bought was £25 ...for complete kit ...

At £25 it's worth it for a,bit of extra draught proofing AND a SLIGHT reduction in noise ....

More than £25 ....hmmm probably not worth it for the amount of improvement
Yeah they’re certainly not getting any cheaper. I’ve been keeping an eye out for a few months, they’re very rare. I’m worried that I won’t be able to get any at all soon!

Back
Top Bottom