• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

General radio too long?

redhand

Big Landy Fan
I've just replaced the LR fitted radio in my Discovery 1. The new unit is a Kenwood CD/Radio. Problem is it won't go far enough into the slot to engage the locking clips on the security mounting plate. No amount of wriggling/pushing will make it click into place is this a common fault? I'm assuming the back of the kenwood is hitting the transmission tunnel.

Got the connector block jammed between the radio and tunnel?

No it's tucked up behind the mounting bracket. and it's the proper LR iso blocks no connectors or terminal blocks. Could be the coax cable as that runs across the width of the radio.

This is common on disco's up to about 93 if the radio is mounted at a steep angle then u will need to go to halfords or a raido shop and order a 5 or 10 mm spacer to bring the radio forward as there is next to no room behind the radio if its a near flat mounting in the dash then your just not trying hard enougth have another go at rearanging the cables.

This is common on disco's up to about 93 if the radio is mounted at a steep angle then u will need to go to halfords or a raido shop and order a 5 or 10 mm spacer to bring the radio forward as there is next to no room behind the radio if its a near flat mounting in the dash then your just not trying hard enougth have another go at rearanging the cables.

it's the vertical fitment in the centre console. looks like I need the spacer/riser thingy from Halfrauds

Been to 2 halfrauds and 3 car radio shops. None of them knew what I was talking about. So looks like spacer type thingy is a bit of an urban myth.

However I have cured the problem.

1st remove centre console and cut sound proofing of transmission tunnel
2nd fit radio to console ensuring it has locked into position.
3rd wire radio up and check radio is working correctly.
4th replace centre console whilst making sure all wires are held out of the way. and fit screws bacl in position.

Back
Top Bottom