• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Range Rover IV L405 TDV6 - broken crankshaft - 2015

Chef

First Gear
Despite a full service history and maintenance and without any warning noises or lights my RR seized on Friday due to the crankshaft breaking. I wondered if anyone had any contribution from RR towards the cost of a replacement engine. I was given the diagnosis on Monday and the new engine was delivered on Tuesday - I need it quick as I use the car for my chauffeur business so put it in to my friend's garage - RR now saying they won't contemplate a contribution until I take it to them! 162000 miles on the clock.

That's not ideal. Not sure what the process is here for a JLR claim, but I am not surprised that they are insisting on a dealer job to tackle it. Good luck. You are not the first!

Morning all
I have a Range Rover L405 4.4 diesel on a 2013 plate with 90000 miles on the clock service history apart from two which are missing but have been done by the main dealer. And the crank has broken on the back end just like the V6 and I’m having a right battle with JLR as they keep saying it’s out of warranty. But I keep saying should the crankshaft last the life of the car 😠

Wow, that sucks majorly.

Never heard of the crankshaft issue on a RR SDV8 before. :eek:

Don't give up with LR, they may come to the party with a partial/goodwill contribution

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom