• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Rear door window

j5vxy

In Second Gear
I have a 3 door freelander and the problem that i am having is that when I go above 40 the rear window comes down by itself, The only thing that i can think of is that the roof may have developed a fault but other than that no idea really. Can anyone help me please?

I have a 3 door freelander and the problem that i am having is that when I go above 40 the rear window comes down by itself, The only thing that i can think of is that the roof may have developed a fault but other than that no idea really. Can anyone help me please?

Hi mate dont know if this is any help to you but i know that once my battery is disconnected and reconnected the rear window goes all the way down, could be some sort of power interuption or bad earth.

The chances are this is being caused by the roof lifting up slightly at speed and releasing the microswitch that lowers the rear window when you remove the hard top. Check the roof is correctly seated and the clips are engaged properly.also check the microswitch for signs of damage etc.
Let me know how you get on.

Alex

Thanks for that I shall check that out, but making mysely sound like a complete novice where would i find the micro switch

Microswitch is on the sloping rear pillar on the off side, about half way down.

Try a small piece of plastic draught excluder on the hard top. That was all that mine needed.

Back
Top Bottom