• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

removing free wheeling hub

bobby

In Fourth Gear
can any one help I need to remove the freewheeling hub from my lady s3
so I can replace the oil seal at the swival pin area.

Only the freewheel hub fron is not like the one shown in the lady manual. I have undone the six bolts and the hub moves forward a few cms I have tried A little force but this part will not move forward any more. The front of the hub does not have a screw shown in the man I am a bit new to this but like having a go

Could any one help me please

Bobby :)

What make of FW hubs have you got?
most FW hubs have six allen bolts that have to be undone that takes the very end off then behind that is a castellated nut which has to be undone before you can take the unit off.
I'm presuming you have just undone the six bolts on the driving flange.

thank you for your advice I cant find the name but it looks like you are correct the front screws? look like allen bolts I have undone just the six bolts on the driving flange. I will try to undo the allen bolts if they are stuck is it drilling out time on these
Thany you for speending time on this

Bobby

The allen bolts can be a right pain so get a very good fitting allen key if at all possible. If the heads are chewed up and you have to drill, only drill the head off as you will need a bit of stump to get the rest of the bolt out, getting hold of new bolts with the correct thread could also be a problem.

What make of FW hubs have you got?
most FW hubs have six allen bolts that have to be undone that takes the very end off then behind that is a castellated nut which has to be undone before you can take the unit off.
I'm presuming you have just undone the six bolts on the driving flange.

The allen bolts can be a right pain so get a very good fitting allen key if at all possible. If the heads are chewed up and you have to drill, only drill the head off as you will need a bit of stump to get the rest of the bolt out, getting hold of new bolts with the correct thread could also be a problem.

thank you very much for the help I have just taken 2 out by drilling the heads are bad many thanks

Bobby

Back
Top Bottom