• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

How Do I? Renew rear wiper blade

misc

In Third Gear
I have a 4.6 Hse Range Rover.
How do I get the rear wiper blade to stop so that I can renew it.
It always automatically parks itself up in the recess!

Or do I just have to remove the battery terminal at the correct moment and then reset everything again!

Regards

Well rather than pull the battery just pull the appropriate fuse! Well thats what i would do.
But there must be a specific way to do this?

Hello welcome to the forum :)

The manual says you have to remove the whole arm first (remove cover, undo nut, remove from spindle) then replace the blade ... :confused:

Thanks for the help.
As I said it ALWAYS automatically parks - even with the ignition off.

Removing the fuse was the easy way. Fuse No 15 (20amp) in drivers seat base.

There is no spring on the arm so you can't lift it like the front wipers - but ther's JUST enough room to slide the old one out and the new one in.

It even takes the same length as the front ones - 22".

I bought one from Halfords for £12.95 - I thought I was buying a pair!!

Then got a pair of IDENTICAL blades (Bosch) delivered to my door for £14.49 from MrWiperBaldes on ebay.

Thanks again.

I have just been told by someone on this forum that, on a P38, the way to stop it half way is to open the boot! Close the boot and it starts again.

Now, how go I get the rear spoiler off so I can fix the rear wiper I broke by NOT opening the boot??

Back
Top Bottom