• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Replacement part for S3 panel lever

chris_debian

Trekker
Hi,

I need to get a replecement part for a lever on my S3 dash. I can't for the life of me find it in the manuals. Can anyone help?

There are two levers on the far right of a RHD S3 dash. One has a blue and red marking, for the heater. The other, which I need to replace, says "DEF" (that's all that is left on my bit of plastic!!

Anybody know the part number/ page in the parts manual, or where I may be able to get one (Paddocks?).

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Its the optional parts book you need, page 1J 10 (only Land Rover could consider a heater as optional...)

The part with the actual levers is No 346924, P.A. Blanchards have them on the list for around £12 for the lever assembly, though they say its a 'mounting plate' in the body and fittings section. They used to have a downloadable parts catalogue, but I see its an online parts search facility they have now. Much easier to use!

Attachments

• heater controls.jpg
    heater controls.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 38
Just noticed your jpg.

:D Some clever beggar forgot to attach it didnt he? LOL! HAd to edit it to put it on...

Errrr...I might have a plastic bitty for that somewhere... I'll have a look. (might be the other one though...)

It alters the flaps in the dash, to blow gently and humidly on the screen, half on the screen and half in the footwells, or all in the footwells. A nice damp doggy fugg type thing....

And thats a joke too... I was up behind Ben Klebrig, near Altnaharra the other winter, and there was that much ice on the inside of the screen it was ridiculous. That was with a new heater matrix too...mind you, it was minus 18C.

Chris, I had a root through the boxes of bits, and I have one lever end with the DEF and CAR on. Yours mate... PM me your address and all being well I'll get it in the post for you this week.

And thats a joke too... I was up behind Ben Klebrig, near Altnaharra the other winter, and there was that much ice on the inside of the screen it was ridiculous. That was with a new heater matrix too...mind you, it was minus 18C.

Sandy, you need my 'modified' heating system! I reckon it would work even in -18C.

The plastic bits on the ends of mine had worn and broken. I went to the Land Rover main dealer and got some Defender ones. Only a few pence and fitted a treat but are blanks and not colour coded as were the originals.

Blott

TBM said:
Sandy, you need my 'modified' heating system!

I saw that.... Good idea too. I'm considering a flat smiths heater for in the back, the idea being that if its warmer in there it should be warmer in the front too. I dont normally mind, as I'm pretty impervious to the cold..but the kids moan at me a bit.:D

Back
Top Bottom