• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Replacement seats

Daz800

Accelerating Away
I have a spare set of disco 2 front seats and after removeing the seatbelt fitting i fitted them to my 90.
took 2 hours all in (did it at work as i am a key holder) and with all the tools at my disposel i got it looking like this.

Attachments

• Image(120).jpg
    Image(120).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 80
I have a spare set of disco 2 front seats and after removeing the seatbelt fitting i fitted them to my 90.
took 2 hours all in (did it at work as i am a key holder) and with all the tools at my disposel i got it looking like this.

Very nice, bit more comfort for ya:)did you have a lot of fettlin to do to get them to fit?

Mike

Had to make 8 plates and drill the holes to fit the excisting screw holes. I used the old seat frames as a template for the welding part of the job.
lot more comfort for time only (made plates from offcuts of steel and used stainless bolts (from work) and had seats from my brother (free) as he converted his disco 2 to leather seats (may do the same to my disco 2).

Photo of front plate on drivers side and old seats

Attachments

• Image(115).jpg
    Image(115).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Image(117).jpg
    Image(117).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 59
Mike
What part of Ireland you in.
I spent a lot of time doing the seating at the ryder cup and my wife would like to go over one day. I used to do coach tours from Dublin and Waterford via the ring of kerry.

I now work for a private company thats makes stadium seating and we are doing the seats for Croke park. Was to be a stop gap (between coach jobs) but with my engeering backgroung i find i enjoy life better now.

Darryl

Mike
What part of Ireland you in.
I spent a lot of time doing the seating at the ryder cup and my wife would like to go over one day. I used to do coach tours from Dublin and Waterford via the ring of kerry.

Darryl

Cool,we're living in Dungarvan, lovely place:)

Mike

Tis a great place to live:)youll have to look us up if you come over

Mike

Not if but when and i will take you up on that offer aslong as a glass of the black stuff is on offer..lol

Thanks guys for the replys. Its was one of them small jobs i enjoyed and yes it was worth doing .

Darryl

how do you get at the battery?

Well thats the next job. I am going to build a battery box (ali checker plate again from work) and fit it (vented) behind the drivers seat with a few other mods i have in mind.

I am lucky as at work i have a lot of machinery at my disposel and if i buy the Ali (unless its from offcuts) i can do what i like.
I am going to do my own checker plate in 3mm and once i have the sizes of all the bits the "Trumf" will punch it out for me..

Joys of being the setter/foreman...tough job (sometime) but someone got to do it.

Darryl

Back
Top Bottom