• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

resizing pictures

Alane

Big Landy Fan
Whats the best way to re-size some piccies to post on the forum?

I have just been sent the piccies of the Bodmin 110 and they're HUGE :eek:

Many thanks

Hi Alane

I use the 'save for web' option in Adobe Photoshop. You can choose the size and compression to get them down to a max of 800 pixels h or w for the forum.

What software have you got?

Keith Hart

There lies the problem Keith

I'm on a work PC with nothing other than the bog standard XP stuff.

No admin privilages so can't download anything

Thanks Pete
Unfortunately the Mods at work have a block on downloading anything.

I'll probably have to wait till I'm at home tomorrow and use my lappy
Grrr

Thanks Stevo
I've probably got that on my Laptop too, but these Mickey Mouse pieces of **** at work have Nada on them!!

if your restricted, try an online image resizer, there are many....

here is one http://www.resize2mail.com/

Might be slow, search google find one that works nice for you. You do not download anything so negates your admins security concerns.

With the example website i provide, right click the results and save the temp URL of photo, then when managing attachments on this forum use th 'upload file from URL" feature.

photo attached to this post was me testing www.rezize2mail.com

Old Image: STA70001.JPG [image identification: image/jpeg ] Image data: width: 3072 pixels height: 2304 pixels file size: 1.695MB
New Image: tmpphpC8rBi1.jpg image data: width: 360 pixels height: 270 pixels file size: 33.586KB

Attachments

• tmpphpC8rBi1.jpg
    tmpphpC8rBi1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom