• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

rewiring/fitting new radio.

redhand

Big Landy Fan
any one know which colour wires do what on a discovery 1 radio

Want to put a kenwood cassette player in. Discovery has 7 wires Kenwood has 12.

I put a new radio in my disco 1 last weekend- Halfrauds had a range of adaptors- cost me about £20 for the right one, which was supposed to be for a sony but did the job for the JVC stereo i'd bought. Was much easier than snipping and fitting new connectors, finding out what did what etc...
Take your new and old radio in and compare the sockets on the shelf. Hope that helps.

I put a new radio in my disco 1 last weekend- Halfrauds had a range of adaptors- cost me about £20 for the right one, which was supposed to be for a sony but did the job for the JVC stereo i'd bought. Was much easier than snipping and fitting new connectors, finding out what did what etc...
Take your new and old radio in and compare the sockets on the shelf. Hope that helps.

Sussed it, 2 lives, 1 ignition (brown white)1 memory supply (purple/black), 1 earth (Black) 3 speaker wires 2+ 1-(speaker negatives are chassis earthed) Kenwood has 4 speaker outputs + & - on each output.

Wired both fronts and switched fader to full front. so as not to damage stereo. All I need now is some decent speakers as it still has the factory fitted one and they pop & hiss a bit. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom