• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

How Do I? S3 SWB fuel sender and retractable seat belt questions.

chris_debian

Trekker
Hi,

My fuel guage is broken on my S3 SWB. I have found a sender unit:

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/SERIES/Fuel/Sender_unit_-_SWB/LWB_front_fill_petrol.html

Do I need to buy any gaskets or seals, or will they be included with the item, if needed? Anyone know.

Has anyone replaced the outer seatbelts on a S3? Centre not a problem, as going to (hopefully) fit locking cubbybox.

I am looking for retractable (inertia?) ones, any suggestions?

Sorry I keep asking questions :)

Cheers,

Chris.

It never hurts to ask questions....:)

I am not sure if you will get a gasket... I had to get a new one when I replaced the tank. They are only pennies anyway, part number 546488

There are inertia reels available, page 2J 16 of the parts book shows all the fittings. Reels are MTC1606 >hand and MTC1607 <hand. Theres pile of other fittings as well though, you'll need to have a look at the parts book for all the associated bracketry. They were fitted to County trim models as standard I think.

Oh..yes, watch out when you undo the set screws for the sender unit. They can snap off... And, if you fit a new tank and use the old screws, they are too long!

Aye, those will do the job. I see it mentions about corner brackets there too... Mine hasnt got inertia belts, but does have the brackets, so you'll need to check that (above the seats, in the hardtop, a goldy coloured angled bracket at approx 45 degrees.)

I had one inertia reel in the SIIA, it bolted directly to the centre bulkhead. It was a real pain, continually locking up. It was second hand though.

I got a gasket with mine but the parts supply varies from order to order. e.g. One set of brake cylinders have studs fitted, the next don't. Get a gasket to be safe.

Aye..darned annoying that... Flexi hoses with no nuts or shakeproof washers, Cylinders with no nuts... All ways the companies save money I suppose. No flaming good if you ordered the parts and are waiting to fit them though is it?

Which of course is a good reason for having a load of nuts, bolts, washers, and gasket material handy....:)

Here is a useful document that Paddocks sent me, when I asked how to fit their inertia belts

Attachments

• SEATBELT.doc
    335.5 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom