• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

sailbury diff

adafish

Extreme Landy Fan
is there a drainage plug anywhere...mine looks welded over..also whats the lazy way to put oil in gearbox , i haven't got that special star tool..or anything else i could use instead.

Get right underneath, its seen more from the front than the rear, it'll be welded over with crud, have a poke around with a pokey thing. I'm sure you're well practiced ada;)

Hi ade, drainnage plug is underneath have a dig around with a screwdriver prob full of mud! I filled mine with a squeezey bottle. Just heat up oil in a bucket of boiling water first to make it easier. How was the course?

Hi ade, drainnage plug is underneath have a dig around with a screwdriver prob full of mud! I filled mine with a squeezey bottle. Just heat up oil in a bucket of boiling water first to make it easier. How was the course?
.....HEY UP ITS ME BROTHER-IN-LAW......the stuff coming out the rear one is like foam, but when i stick me finger in deeper :)) ) there's oil there...the front okay, it needs a de-coke diff styley...got a funny sound coming from transmission, just been checking fluids incase George's stooge didn't put any in, just gotta get at mainbox now....still ain't got no diff-lock light gotta get that sorted........as for me course...BLOODY HARD mate...has this bloody baby started giving Mandy jip yet.....Poppies doing me ed in...:D

Ada,

The offers still there to borrow my kit for doing the gearbox oil (I've got all the Difflock Oil Save/Filler stuff)... and I'm sure I've got a correct size Torx bit if needed.

Ian

buy a cheap plastic pump pressure spray gun, take the spray tip off, tape on a long pipe, fill with oil,pump up the pressure,press the trigger and watch it go.slowly mind you, but you made it.. b+q do it all.

Back
Top Bottom