• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Search function fault?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2171
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2171

Is this a particular fault or am I doing something wrong?

When I do a search, the search function often returns me the No Match error. But why does it do this when it's clear there are topics with the words in?

A prime example is that I was searching for V8 LPGed Discoveries in the Discovery section. So I put "V8 LPG Gas" (minus the speech marks) in the search box. This topic has at least two of the words in that I put in the search box, yet the search function says there's no match?

Does it not search for all the words. So as you say it has two of the words but not all three?

I always start with as little a search criteria as i can, then build on it to narrow the results down!

Well, even when I just put in a single word like "V8" or "LPG" or "Gas" it still didn't come up with anything. Are my searches not specific enough?

Well, even when I just put in a single word like "V8" or "LPG" or "Gas" it still didn't come up with anything. Are my searches not specific enough?
V8 LPG and gas are too short - you need a minimum 4 charcters in the word. For the multi-word searches, I think one of the functions is down at the moment in the interminable wait for the upgrade ... :D

Back
Top Bottom