• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

seating rim for lamp unit series/90/110

nobber

Extreme Landy Fan
ok guys , i need a seating rim for a headlamp unit.
can i buy one seperatly?
the part No is 27H6481L , ive tried craddocks and they list it as stc643 and have it priced at 18 quid odds.
now if im not mistaken this is for the bucket as well , i dont need the bucket , i just need the seating rim.
any ideas?

got the whole thing , plastic bucket and all from paddocks.
6 pound odds.

now , i need some new sealed beam units.
the parts book lists them as

rtc3682 light unit RHS
and
rtc3683 light unit LHS

but it says i need two of each????

paddocks list rtc3683 as
sealed beam unit , series LHD

so , is rtc3682 really for right hand drive and rtc 3683 for left hand drive or are the headlamp units handed?

there's usually a hight rated bulb in the left side....that's the only diffrence I can think of.......Again mini lamps are the same and often cheaper ;)

they arnt cheaper im afraid dave.
this is the seating rim , its the bit between the lamp and the bowl.
i dont think it can be baught seperatly.

now , are the headlamp units handed? or do i just need two rtc3682?

Attachments

• ABCD0012.jpg
    ABCD0012.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 29
the last time I bought headlights it was the same part number for the two... I see what you mean about the Rim I thought it was the ring that secures the lamp at the front....have you tried rimmer bothers they've got ones on there for about 8quid ;)

the last time I bought headlights it was the same part number for the two... I see what you mean about the Rim I thought it was the ring that secures the lamp at the front....have you tried rimmer bothers they've got ones on there for about 8quid ;)

i have yeah but im buying one or two other bits n bobs as well and paddocks is the cheapest so far.

mmm , however , does this look like its got a seating rim in it?

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/SER...plete_with_chrome_ring_and_fixing_screws.html

just phoned them and thats all i need as well as the sealed beam units , dont need a seating rim...mmm , still dubious but we shall see.
happy bunny.:)

Back
Top Bottom