• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Series 3 rebuild new battery size

LeighT77

Shifting Up
Hi my series 3 rebuild is (after two years )progressing nicely to a point where I need a battery. I can get the size restrictions for all but height (due to current level of assembly) I know I need the negative to the radiator. Would really appreciate a tip for a good battery that fits a standard 2.25 series 3 88 diesel. Nothing extravagant as currently only going to be to turn over and hopefully run engine to test the work done. Pics of the work so far for those who like pics!
AC8BA3AF-166B-4C96-98CB-C7BE4C6E840A.jpeg

Attachments

• D27195E4-043A-4FF2-93A1-C86D43064A77.jpeg
    D27195E4-043A-4FF2-93A1-C86D43064A77.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 14
Thanks it’s no concours vehicle but starting to come together. After a lot of hard working cleaning and restoring parts. Thankfully down to the last few now before paint and reassembly for relatively obvious reasons working out exactly what will fit height wise in the current state is a trick. The unipart code number from the manual brings up a whole heap of nothing helpful. I did see the 90ah and a specified CCA though. Any idea on what I can get away with height wise?

Tayna are usually the go-to for batteries.
If you put in your vehicle type it will give a list of recommended batteries;
(in this case, its 069)

and from that you can check the list for the one you want;

It may be that someone will be able to confirm if you can fit a longer/taller one...

Larger Ah is good, but the CCA is also quite important (the theoretical maximum current available on starting).

There are 2 lengths of battery tray. The diesel should have the longer (by 2") tray. This takes an 019 frame battery which gets you 900 + CCA. Mine has the shorter tray with 2" added as these are very pricey. The extra length is at the front. mine has a 3.3L Perkins and on a cold morning it takes all those CCA amps!

In response to your question of height, you should be looking at around 240mm.
Mine came from Tayna and was a C31-1000 for my 2.25 diesel.

Back
Top Bottom