• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Series 3 wiring diagram for a late petrol 2.25.

James Mcgarry

Shifting Up
I can't find a series 3 wiring diagram for a petrol 2.25 88" with hazard flashers that includes colours etc? Can only find them for lightweight, 24v and without hazards. :(

I have no indicators or hazards at the moment and have found that the whole system is fed by it's own 12v supply.

I don't think they exist. Maybe the answer is to look at the diagram for an early Range Rover and see how they did it. I think this is what I did when sorting out my S3. From what I remember the stalk is the same as is the (very complicated) switch. You need 2 flasher units.

The switch can cause all manner of problems if its corroded. It disconnects everything and re-connects it - and so affects everything of its dirty.

You might find it on the LRFAQ site....

Have a look here, all sorts of wiring diagrams, including some about flashers.

http://www.lrfaq.org/Series/

Handy resorce.

123953305_wiringlabeledl.jpg
Not mine but is this any help

Serious Series, Many thanks for that, I saw the title of it a while ago and dismissed it as I thought it wouldn't be any good as it's for the 1/2 ton, however, looking in to it again that looks quite similar to what is going on.Found inline fuses popped all over the place as well, slowly bringing all the electrics back to life!Jeremy, I will get that switch out and have a look/clean up/just order a new one! 90% of the contacts in the truck look dirty, my small wire brush has been getting loads of use!Big Sandy, thankyou for the reference as well, I've downloaded all the parts manuals to my tablet now, ideal for seeing how to take things apart and knowing what they are for.

I was just about to ask the same questions as James but thankfully did a quick search first. My thanks all who posted help on this thread. Truck is due MOT next week and I had just disconnected the switch and removed it assuming it will get through the MOT if it is not fitted. Will have a go at fixing at some point.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom