• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

So now 'New Labour' are above the law!

photo4x4

Trekker
Apart from driving us all headlong into a society more controlled and spied on than Stalinist Russia, it now appears that our current Government feel they are above the law!

Downing Street official Ruth Turner was arrested at 0630 GMT on Friday and questioned on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.

Former Cabinet minister David Blunkett said:
"It is perfectly feasible for the Metropolitan Police to distinguish between a criminal likely to evade capture and a woman doing a decent job of work on behalf of the prime minister,"

Well done to the Met Police for having the courage to do a proper investigation into this sleeze.

Keith Hart

Apart from driving us all headlong into a society more controlled and spied on than Stalinist Russia, it now appears that our current Government feel they are above the law!

Well done to the Met Police for having the courage to do a proper investigation into this sleeze.

Keith Hart

I think there is a stark difference between doing a proper investigation and going way over the top by arresting someone in the glare of publicity such as yesterday, when there was no question of the person doing a runner.
I also do not think there is a proper investigation going on, Rather a witch hunt again, given the publicity, and even if it was a different party in power, we would still have the charade of an investigation.

Keith Hart

Former Cabinet minister David Blunkett said:
"It is perfectly feasible for the Metropolitan Police to distinguish between a criminal likely to evade capture and a woman doing a decent job of work on behalf of the prime minister,"

It would seem the government official who employed her couldn't distinguish between the two;) ...Unless they where looking to employ a lying, two faced individual who considered themselves above the law. Whhooops, forgot, the Prime minister married one:(

I think there is a stark difference between doing a proper investigation and going way over the top by arresting someone in the glare of publicity such as yesterday, when there was no question of the person doing a runner.
I also do not think there is a proper investigation going on, Rather a witch hunt again, given the publicity, and even if it was a different party in power, we would still have the charade of an investigation.

She was arrested and released on police bail.
Is it not that the diffrenece in being arrested and questioned and only questioned is the record and admissability in eveidence of the questions and answers?
'Arrest' means an official caution was given 'anything you sya etc'

She was arrested and released on police bail.
Is it not that the difference in being arrested and questioned and only questioned is the record and admissibility in evidence of the questions and answers?
'Arrest' means an official caution was given 'anything you say etc'

They could as they do daily have made an appointment for her to go along to the station and do the deeds there.
I frequently am involved in similar situations, and in most cases I'm talking about serious offences usually involving a serious assault, yet we can arrange a time to do the deed, even arrange a court appearance. Yet in this case we have police arriving early in the morning when in my opinion there was no need at all, other than to give a show.
As i said, i have no beef as to who it is, or indeed what party, i do however have a problem with stupid inane publicity.
We would be better served if they were so on the ball with some of the so called dangerous criminals that are running riot as we speak.

As i said, i have no beef as to who it is, or indeed what party, i do however have a problem with stupid inane publicity.
We would be better served if they were so on the ball with some of the so called dangerous criminals that are running riot as we speak.

I would have thought the reason for the dawn raid was not to gain publicity but to seize papers and possible evidence contained on her PC.

Asking for an appointment through her solicitor would have given her ample oppertunity to get rid of stuff he may have wanted to keep away from prying eyes

I would have thought the reason for the dawn raid was not to gain publicity but to seize papers and possible evidence contained on her PC.

Asking for an appointment through her solicitor would have given her ample oppertunity to get rid of stuff he may have wanted to keep away from prying eyes

An excellent reason in the circumstances, as 'perverting the course of justice' has been mentioned, in her case probably deleting incriminating emails etc!!!!!

They could as they do daily have made an appointment for her to go along to the station and do the deeds there.
I frequently am involved in similar situations, and in most cases I'm talking about serious offences usually involving a serious assault, yet we can arrange a time to do the deed, even arrange a court appearance. Yet in this case we have police arriving early in the morning when in my opinion there was no need at all, other than to give a show.

So a corruption that possibly runs to the heart of goverment is not serious enough for you, if the lawmakers are above the law what does that say to the rest of us.

An excellent reason in the circumstances, as 'perverting the course of justice' has been mentioned, in her case probably deleting incriminating emails etc!!!!!

Indeed her arrest was to do with e-mails, this is the second time she has been questioned.

But at the end of the day whatever the goverment's feelings about how this was handled, to make such comments as they did publicly appear to be nothing short of an attempt to undermine the police.

So a corruption that possibly runs to the heart of goverment is not serious enough for you, if the lawmakers are above the law what does that say to the rest of us.

I suppose its in the words:) as you say possibly:) and again you do know fine well my issue, is not, the so called corruption, which if has happened, has happened with all parties, not just labour. No again my issue is with the publicity. I don't buy the collect her emails on computer, cos if its that serous, she aint going to have anything on her computer, and neither is anyone that has been interviewed by police in this connection. And if they have, then they deserve hanging for being so stupid :)

I suppose its in the words:) as you say possibly:) and again you do know fine well my issue, is not, the so called corruption, which if has happened, has happened with all parties, not just labour. No again my issue is with the publicity. I don't buy the collect her emails on computer, cos if its that serous, she aint going to have anything on her computer, and neither is anyone that has been interviewed by police in this connection. And if they have, then they deserve hanging for being so stupid :)
Computers are always worth investigating, even after the event. :) :)
No further explanation why!;) ;)

Maybe it's a case of the Met being just as pi$$ed off with them as we are, and wanted to be allowed to be seen to be doing their job (and bit) in a manner befitting the organisation under scrutiny.
The heavy handed approach is a well known tactic for sending out a subtle but very clear "Look you, we're not f***ing around any more" message.

Nope..sorry...as much as I try I have no sympathy for these theiving gits...Let them burn in the media fire thats sure to follow is what I say.

Good on the Police...they are making an example of them and showing, as far as I can see, that politicians arent above the law.

Nope..sorry...as much as I try I have no sympathy for these theiving gits...Let them burn in the media fire thats sure to follow is what I say.

Good on the Police...they are making an example of them and showing, as far as I can see, that politicians arent above the law.

Apart from the SFO seemingly dropping the case against over the defence contracts with the Saudies after a little pressure from TB and his cronies.

I would suggest the next time. If there is a next time. The police wait untril she arrives at No 10 Downing Street and then make the arrest. :eek:

Would they be so flexible and trusting to you or me? No, of course they wouldn't. If they wanted to talk to us in such a way, they'd arrest us, so why should she be any different?

Would they be so flexible and trusting to you or me? No, of course they wouldn't. If they wanted to talk to us in such a way, they'd arrest us, so why should she be any different?

Well yes, they may have, as they often do. If you had read my other post which states that i'm involved often with clients that have arranged attendances at either the police office or court. And it happens each and every day.

Again i have no truck with guilty people or parties for that matter, my issue is with the apparent gimmick of arresting her early morning questioning her then letting her go. All theatre as has been described by others.

Back
Top Bottom