• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Click Here

Soft top front seat belt advice

This don’t look right ????

605713A6-3203-4A2D-8B20-5D7208178A20.png

This is the bottom fixing in my Lightweight, bolts through to ... something...

Bottom fixing...JPG

But on my previous SIII it was like this... two bolts...

Underseat box...jpg

This is how the reel needs to be... must be upright or it will just lock up

Rejinald and dupicates 034.jpg

The portage bracket goes up here

belts 014.JPG

Forgot to say that on my SIII and the Lightweight, the stalks go through behind the bulkhead and are bolted with a single fixing to the underpinnings of the seat frame... or something...

Glimpsed here behind the wooden prop

Underseat box cropped.jpg

Where were the seat belts fixed on before they were removed for this upgrade? The fixing points are still there no, or didn't it have seat belts? All the questions about fitting this 'upgrade' seems to have been pretty well covered on page 1 of this now 5 page thread. I'm confused with the contradiction of the strive towards authenticity of the 'military' exterior, yet modification and upgrade to the interior. :confused:

The seat belts are going in as I have 4 kids who all want to ride in the front plus my wife. I suppose the thread is this long as there seems to be no simple answers to the problem. No evidence of seatbelts before !

Last edited:
You will probably find that the one that looks out of line will have a wide hole behind it and a lot of play.
Loosen it and see what it looks like. It's the only one you need to loosen .You might need to be a contortionist or have Dead Pool's tiny hand to reach it.
Then just drill another hole in the seat box edge for the other bolt.

I suspect the lightweight had a different bracket.
Do you not have a parts catalogue or something to reference.?

I would just do what Stan says, but if you want to go all rivet-counter you could probably find the correct bracket...

Could it have originally been a lap-strap type..?

One bolt either side of seat...

You will probably find that the one that looks out of line will have a wide hole behind it and a lot of play.
Loosen it and see what it looks like. You might need to be a contortionist or have Dead Pool's tiny hand to reach it.
Then just drill another hole in the seat box edge for the other bolt.
I have large hands - might need to use one if the kids 😁
I suspect the lightweight had a different bracket.
Do you not have a parts catalogue or something to reference.?

I would just do what Stan says, but if you want to go all rivet-counter you could probably find the correct bracket...

Could it have originally been a lap-strap type..?

One bolt either side of seat...
it’s not a lightweight it’s a 2a FFR

This don’t look right ????
Are you sure you have bought the right belts.
Lay them on a table and take a picture.
As I described in my previous posts in this thread, you will ideally want to mount the reel into the same hole as the diagonal kinked leg (the hole that the static belt usually goes into).

Your seatbelt should look like this, if it doesn't you have the wrong type:
https://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/front-4-door-reel-buckle.html

Last edited:
Are you sure you have bought the right belts.
Lay them on a table and take a picture.
As I described in my previous posts in this thread, you will ideally want to mount the reel into the same hole as the diagonal kinked leg (the hole that the static belt usually goes into).

Your seatbelt should look like this, if it doesn't you have the wrong type:
https://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/front-4-door-reel-buckle.html
Looking like the diagonal anchor goes to the three bolt mount by the seat box and the tell goes in the back on the bulk head or floor below the new raised bracket !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/37451358...uid=pbAf7OIqSGm&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
These are what I bought and fitted seat belts 1st link 2nd seatbelt bar so apart from the bar the fitting should be the same reel on the back of the bulkhead drill holes and attach picture shows were I put it. Diagonal anchor on the bolt mount ie top of the seat belt bar, and the other bolted to the side of the seatbox my bolt was already there as it had lap belts fitted previously

Attachments

• 20231125_132046.jpg
    20231125_132046.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 13
Imagine the red being your new galva bracket.
As already said above, the roll up thing must be straight and lower than the triangle, aim for the bulkhead.
Triangle must be at highest point.
N° 3. Drill an extra hole, let’s go.
N° 12. Depends…but a plate with captive nut will work great.

Next:
Tie down wife and kids.
Drive and Rock and roll 😉

Succes.
IMG_1155.jpeg
If none of this makes sense, you have the wrong seat belts.

Back
Top Bottom