• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Sound proofing kit in Wolf

fv1620

Overdrive!
Can anyone identify the make or part number for this part of a sound proofing kit that was fitted in-service to my Wolf please?

The part is just collapsing, the matching part on the RHS is still ok as is the cover over the gearbox tunnel.

Found nothing in parts list, mods or general instructions. So don't know if this was a standard mod or a unit upgrade, but I can find nothing on any dealers sites excepts carpets which I don't need!

IMG_20240216_101529 (Medium).jpg

Ok thanks Neil, I did see their site but it looks rather more sophisticated than mine. But maybe mine is outdated due to the problem of falling apart! If there are no other leads I think I will glue slabs of dense foam that I have left over from insulating the rest of the body, which is not so much a noise issue but keeping me warm when sleeping in it.

I remember some years ago struggling to find a piece of footwell trim for a 110 utility. It is in the parts list for post '94 models but it took a lot of time sat in front of a microfiche reader to find it.
One of the parts in the Wright system does the bit behind the fuse box and the side walls of the footwells.

Yes searching through fiche is tiresome. I have quite a collection, many years ago I bought all the fiche that Withams had accumulated.

But you got me thinking, just looked in the 110 supplementary parts list & there is a whole insulation kit there. BTR341 is the insulation-dash centre, which looks as it might do. But searching that number only shows results as it being part of the full kit. I think I will glue on foam slabs for now, I can always pull it off it the proper bit turns up.

If you want some sound deadening too - try using office floor tiles glued on in reverse (fabric side to metal), then use black vehicle trim fabric on top of the hard tile backing with spray glue. You can bend them a bit if needed with a heat gun on the backing. Cheap, effective and hard wearing.

Ok thanks for suggestion, I have a very large roll of dense black foam that is getting deployed liberally. But my issues are primarily thermal (as in sleeping inside overnight) rather than acoustic.

Neil I have revisited the parts list now looking under insulation rather than sound proofing & the complete set is listed staring me in the face! The part I was looking for is Trim, dash centre ETD103270, but it is very expensive. I have now completed an extensive insulation that cost me nothing with the very large roll of foam I had been given. Most of this is now double layered without looking intrusive & the RADHAZ helps hide much of it. So I feel my insulation now exceeds anything that could be purchased.

I have splashed out on a pair of genuine front floor mats that have edges so that water & muddy ooze from boots do not disperse laterally into the metalwork of the footwells.

Just waiting to see if I get a warmer night's sleep in the show season. Thinking about the LRM Malvern show in May, but I am not used to paying to display my vehicle at a show. Although come to that I wonder if I would not actually be on display but just tucked away in a car park for the weekend?

Back
Top Bottom