• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Spot Lights

Not such an easy question to answer! Most A-Bar's have different offsets and therefore will accept different lights.

The next complicating factor is air-con as this limits the choice of A-Bars!

The key thing to do is measure the distance from the mounting hole to the front of the Defender Grill and then compare this against the offset of the lights you like.

For my money, its Lightforce Lights every time. Truly fantastic bits of kit - not the chapest candle in the drawer though...but worth every penny!

No air-con. its a 1989 defender.
As for budget, £50.
Good point though, measure the offset.
I think the ones that are fitted are just 4"
They look silly.

If you want lights that look the business, get some 8" jobbies.

I had a quick look on ebay and found these.

Wipac's good. A mate of mine drove from the UK to Cape Town and back to Tanzania with a pair of those on the front of his A bar.

The only major disadvantage of lights this big is that they have known to decrease the airflow to your engine, so a Pacet extractor fan my be needed.

The spots look good, might get them.
Cooling, yes I was thinking of that. Sounds like a visit to a scrap yard for some cooling fans.
Nice cheap option and not difficult.

Back
Top Bottom