• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Standard nuts and bolts

Grandaddy_low

Offroader
I find that when I pull things off my S3 the bolt threads are invariable badly corroded. But nuts and bolds are expensive from motor factors. I was considering buying a job lot off the net. Do L/R use enough standard nut and bolt sizes/thread sizes to make this a viable option?

Here is one of the sites I was looking at: http://www.thesitebox.com/fixings-tools/bolts/?gclid=CO6xhuOUs4oCFSOZEAodYSkcDA

I know there was another one that walk discussed in the past, but I can't find it.

Cheers, GDL.

You could get a kit specific to your vehicle from, L R FASTENERS. 32, Laburnum Park, Bradshaw, Bolton, BL2 3BU. 01204 302589

You'd have to ask the price though, my catalogue from Tony is well out of date!

I found landrover use almost anything from w/w to metric plus over the years replacement parts use other systems

Most should be UNF & UNC worth buying common nuts of these sizes in bulk

For replacement body fitting i purchase 1 inch (25mm) M6 & M8 bolts + nuts from engineering suppliers in bulk (100 or 1000's) lot cheaper.

Rivits are another thing buy common size in bulk save a fortune

Most should be

Does the kit mean every nut and bolt on the thing? That sounds pricy. Was just thinking of something to cover most of the bolts that you take off (or fall off).

But I shall investigate!

Thanks, GDL.

Back
Top Bottom