• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Stolen 110 - Help For Heroes vehicle stolen 06/06/2010

spandit

Trekker
Ok guys we really need your help!! Some low-life has stolen one of the rally vehicles last night! It was stolen from Winsford, Cheshire. VRN: L984 TDU It is/was sporting the H4H European Rally stickers. The vehicle had been modified:

Superwinch with plasma rope on the front.
Alloy checker plate on wings, bonnet and bottom of side doors.
Rock sliders.
Light guards all round.
Snorkel.
Modular wheels with Colway A/T's.
Carpeted throughout.
Factory fitted twin fuel tanks.
Please share this with everyone you know and maybe just maybe we will get a lead....

Attachments

• stolenlandy..jpg
    stolenlandy..jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 134
Have you tried the local radio stations to put out an appeal for information......H4H is well known and should solicit some public help?

wow i live in chesire gorstage / cuddington if you know it
and it really wouldn't supprise me if something like a charity landrover would be stollen in winsofrd (where the chavs rule)

My first words on reading this thread are commonly abbreviated to "Oh FFS". I doubt we'll ever get into the heads of these lowlife scum, but I do hope they die out soon as this kind of thing makes you sick...its not even as if it was a tricked up off roader used by somebody to have fun: this was giving a serious message and making money for a very worthy cause.

ARGH! Hope its back home soon.

William

I'll keept my eyes open in the South Cheshire/Staffordshire area. Hope it turns up in one piece and these thieving *******s get what they deserve.

This story came to an expensive end. The ripping off didnt end with the origional purchase! Here is the follow up. I brought this Defender some years ago. Drove it around for four years, spent at least a grand on it and then after much grievance from my partner I brought a Range Rover Classic and decided to sell the Defender. Put it on ebay and after about a week I had a knock on the door from the Police. I had recently been in touch with them about an attempted break in to our shed and others in the estate had had similar things happen so invited the officer right in expecting to hear they had caught the shed theives ( Which they did 2 months later ) anyway. The officer said he was investigating the possibility that the Defender I had was previously stolen and I actually laughed in his face. When I brought the above mentioned car it was from an advert on Ebay, had a HPI check done and paid for the seller to deliver it from Cheshire which he did. I dont know if I brought it directly off the thief or from another unsuspecting seller. Anyway. Cut a long story short I had no less than 6 police visits at all times of the day and finally had to buy it back off the Insurance company at current market value. My plan on buying a Defender knowing it would hold its value was shot to bits and I'd been spending money and time maitaining a vehicle that I didnt actually own in law. As things moved along I have come to learn that you just cant trust any car at all period more so Defenders as the bits can be swapped over. I'm really, really peeved by the whole thing. The origional chap who had it nicked got paid out by LV insurance, the crook got away scott free, the police did jack s**t to find the criminal, ebay wouldnt release details to help me trace the seller, LV insurance got there money back and I got mugged having had to buy the vehicle twice, a nasty expence since I'd only brought the Range Rover on the basis I'd sell the Defender to fund it. Could have brought a much newer Defender or Range Rover for nearly 8 grand without a nice over draft . The moral of the story? Don't buy off ebay, Dont trust HPI. It really is buyer beware. As for the above comments about the criminal, I want first dibbs on bashing the son of a &*&^%

One other thing that springs to mind. The bloke I brought it from had his own low loader. Was a big fella, medium long black brown hair and he said the Defender had been in SPAIN and thats why the chassis was in such good condition. When I brought it the reg had been changed to a G reg and I was indeed most impressed by the condition of the chassis. On looking into the rear of the car it had a big home made red speaker thing and I figured that it was used a party bus near a beach or something. Some of his story must have been true because all around the car as I did various jobs to it I found lots of EURO coins. Now what with all the gantry lane cameras up and down the motorway since I could have given the date to the police of when the bloke delivered it, it would not have taken any time at all to spot a white Defender coming down the Motorway on the back of a low loader. Also, with regards to it going to spain or where ever it went again there must be records of cars leaving and coming back to the UK. Someone must be able to help track this &unt down. If one Defender has been stolen then I expect who ever did it would / will / is doing it more than once.

Well, if you've still got the Defender it will be worth a lot more than when you bought it, so at least you will eventually have got your investment back.

Back
Top Bottom