• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

TD5 Central Locking System

Blakie86

In Second Gear
Hi All,

Can anyone confirm a part number or where I could get the connection block from?

I have central locking faults, would this stop all door locks opening/closing?

Would there be an reason for the previous owner to cut the wires like this?

Thanks
upload_2016-4-9_18-4-27-png.png

I can only suggest you phone around the breakers yards and ask one of them to cut the connector off the loom on a scrapper and you solder & heatshrink the connector back onto your loom.

That connector kit (in my eBay listing ;) ) is for a Defender - it's for connecting to TD5 or TDCi front door harnesses, when retro-fitting central locking and electric windows.

The Discovery-2 central locking actuators use 8-way sealed MQS connectors.

This connector is available from Land Rover, as part number YPC108040 - and costs around £5

However, it's the connector housing only - terminals, wire seals and cavity blanks aren't supplied with it.

I can supply the terminals, wire seals, and cavity blanks you would require - but, without a suitable crimping tool, the terminals are very difficult to crimp properly.

It would be easier to change the front door harness.

From Land Rover, the harness (YMM110050) is around £330 :eek:

However, there are new harnesses available on eBay, for just over £22 including UK postage - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231853802030

$_57.JPG

This is cheaper than some of the eBay breakers are selling old used door harnesses for.

Back
Top Bottom