• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

TD5 Info

mapeart

Accelerating Away
Hi, Im thinking of buying a TD5 110 and have been reading upa bit on maintenance etc.. and came across this on a website.
´The crank has laminated connections and can NOT be machined to an undersize. No different size main bearings are available- obviously.´
Whats all that about? Can anyone explain this in idiots terms? If you can´t buy oversize bearings how do you overhaul a worn crankshaft, surely you don´t have to buy a new crank?

Cheers,

Mick

Yes, one of many quirks with TD5s, would go for a 300TDI instead. Based on my brothers continuing problems on his low miler TD5. Saying that you could get a good one like my old TD which was said to be a disasterous lump but I have done nothing to it in 4 yrs.
Mike
PS the head is also scrap as it is not recomended to skim(my brother did and as of today its ok).
PPS Injectors are a ridiculous price.

My '02 110's a good one, I haven't had any problems whatsoever, I also find routine servicing easier than was the case with the 300Tdi I had before. I'm not saying the TD5's better in all respects, it certainly presents some issues you need to consider, but don't discount it.

Phil.

Back
Top Bottom